W52's awesome river! Part 2

Guest J van E

Guest J van E

I took of from Sutton's with the Katana to see how W52 looks from a more regular altitude (compared to the shots I posted here). It looks awesome. (More realistic than those very low shots, but that's logical). I don't know what it is with this airport, but I like it a lot! There is a lot more going on and to be seen then I expected! Imho it's completely on par with the full price addons, and maybe even better then some of those...! I love it. Now bring on Harvey and Jefferson. :P

Coming from Sutton's, I turned west when I reacht the airport to check out the swamps (or whatever you call that).

Posted Image

Turning east again.

Posted Image

Further down the river.

Posted Image

I turned around west again to make my approach: you can see W52 a bit right to the middle of the picture.

Posted Image

Looking good...

Posted Image

BTW The lights near the runway were flickering at a constant rate: is that normal? I am used to steady lights. It did make finding the airport easier, though. ;)

Great shots! I'm glad to see you've found the river, the wetlands are a very nice area to fly around :)

As for the flickering lights the system is a PVASI. There is a single light on each side of the runway and the approach method is if the lights are a steady white or alternating red/white then you're on the glide path. If they're pulsating white you're too high, if they're pulsating red you're too low. Granted I'm not sure if the VASI is even in operation in real life, they appear in-op in my pictures but having approach lights is always more helpful than not having them!

I'm not sure if the VASI is even in operation in real life, they appear in-op in my pictures but having approach lights is always more helpful than not having them!

They are currently using a non-standard VASI system, a single light Vasi on both sides of the runway

They are currently using a non-standard VASI system, a single light Vasi on both sides of the runway

My photos are from May and at the time it appeared in-op but yes it is rather non-standard lol. Also the runway lights are non-standard. They're blue taxiway lights! Gotta love some of the improvisation that small fields to

Guest J van E

Great shots! I'm glad to see you've found the river, the wetlands are a very nice area to fly around :)

As for the flickering lights the system is a PVASI. There is a single light on each side of the runway and the approach method is if the lights are a steady white or alternating red/white then you're on the glide path. If they're pulsating white you're too high, if they're pulsating red you're too low. Granted I'm not sure if the VASI is even in operation in real life, they appear in-op in my pictures but having approach lights is always more helpful than not having them!

Ah, 'wetlands', that was the word I was looking for! ;)

Ok, I understand. Interesting lights! ;) I clearly didn't approach too well then... :P

Another real great set J van E- all true eyecandies... just wanted to ask where Your Katana was gone, as it wasn´t in Pt. 1 ;):) ... i was even worried a little at first then ;) ... but now everythings okay again :D - so again: A perfect set of pictures!

Guest J van E

Another real great set J van E- all true eyecandies... just wanted to ask where Your Katana was gone, as it wasn´t in Pt. 1 ;):) ... i was even worried a little at first then ;) ... but now everythings okay again :D - so again: A perfect set of pictures!

LOL Well, when I get a new addon airport I almost always use the Ultralight to check it out: it's slow, very maneuverable (if that's the right word) and you have a great view on everything, so imho it the best choise to check out every detail. But after that it's back in the Katana again! ;)

Archived