hey France

lthendrix

Myabe it's time for a second revolution? Oh wait we had one,My paternal Great Grandaddy fought in it before taking his young bride and emigratingm to NZ. Swearing never to live under "That Yankee Rag". PIckett's Div, Longstreet's Corps, Army Of Northern Virginia!

statue of liberty (a gift from France) is 125 years old .Thanx ... Ps. and thanks for those guns during the American revolution. A thankful American.

Awesome Loren.....Good to see some people still remember where they came from.

Their is a lot of great history to learn about in North America...

Cheers :D

Thanks for remembering that Loren! I was born in the same area as Bartholdi, who made the statue, and we have a tiny version of it made by him standing in his hometown of Colmar, a reminder for all people living there of the old friendship and brotherhood between the two republics.

I often wish France, my birth country (I'm an expat now), could remember a little bit more often how it used to be open to the world then, as opposed to the paranoid state of "us versus the world" which inhabits the country nowaday.

When I see the Statue, I still want to think that something survived of the old spirit behind the fraternity it symbolized and its central value of "liberty enlightening the world". And I still like to think of the american citizens as my brothers :)

Archived