Waking up

Frank .A

In my opinion, Tasmania is one of the best places to fly in FTX. I took my Tasair C152 out of Launceston and did some sightseeing of this beautiful area.

Climbing out.

Posted Image

Levelling off.

Posted Image

Turning around once I reach those snow-blanketed mountains.

Posted Image

Thanks for viewing!

Frank

In my opinion, Tasmania is one of the best places to fly in FTX. I took my Tasair C152 out of Launceston and did some sightseeing of this beautiful area.

Great shots Frank – definitely Tas is one of the best places to fly with FTX installed. Funnily, I did the same trip just a couple of hours back – take off YMLT, head dead east and you arrive at those mountains covered with snow soon enough – Ben Lomond Ski Village. Incidentally you didn’t have to turn around – there’s an airstrip* in the ski village on top of that mountain (slightly tricky landing – sloped runway), which is where I am parked right now taking a break before I head off to Mathinna on the other side of the mountain. Beautiful area to fly in.

* - You need to have OZx installed and it won’t show up in the FSX map or flight planner.

Great shots Frank – definitely Tas is one of the best places to fly with FTX installed. Funnily, I did the same trip just a couple of hours back – take off YMLT, head dead east and you arrive at those mountains covered with snow soon enough – Ben Lomond Ski Village. Incidentally you didn’t have to turn around – there’s an airstrip* in the ski village on top of that mountain (slightly tricky landing – sloped runway), which is where I am parked right now taking a break before I head off to Mathinna on the other side of the mountain. Beautiful area to fly in.

* - You need to have OZx installed and it won’t show up in the FSX map or flight planner.

Yes, I've got Ozx ready on my USB drive but haven't installed it yet, as I'm going to upgrade my poor PC or i'll get poor FPS and bad quality. I'm glad you liked them. :)

Pretty sure going by your screen shots – there won’t be a hit to smooth rendering in FSX. I run FSX on a dell laptop slightly older than 2 years and believe me it’s no gaming machine – but FTX + OZx runs fine. I guess it also depends what else you are running but considering that OZx airstrips are quite small with mostly a couple of buildings, I reckon you’ll be fine.

Cheers

Archived