FSX Crashing

ajc

Hi guys,

since I've downloaded the Freeware PNW, FSX seems to crash when I have PNW on?

I can fly with Default FSX, and I don't have any other scenery brand, so does anyone know what's going on?

Please help me,

AJC

• 1 month later...

Hi Andy,

There are various reasons why this could happen. I am guessing you have Windows 7 64bit or Vista 64 bit.

1- For windows' permission possible problems you have to enable the "administrator" account and use that one as default for FSX installs and use.

2- Before installing FSX you should have UAC disabled in your Windows. (You can change that in the control panel in Windows.

3- IMPORTANT! FSX should be installed in a separate folder in your hard drive - i.e. "c:\FSX"

4- It's important to install all Service Packs for FSX. Install FSX and open a free flight. Close it and install SP1. After open FSX again with a free flight. Close FSX and install SP2. Open the free flight again. Close FSX.

5- VERY IMPORTANT! If you have Windows 7 64 bit, find Vista's UIAutomationCore.dll at http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1w and drop it into your FSX root folder. That solves the menu problems that make FSX crash. It sure worked for me!

6- AFTER installing everything, go to Jesus Altuve's webpage http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html and follow the steps. It's a simple "program" in which you upload your FSX.cfg (it'll tell you where to find it) and after answering some questions in some menus it'll give you the possibility to download a new FSX only you can download making your FSX program go much better (depending, of course of your hardware setup). It's totally free and there's no place where it asks for personal info. Try it out! :)

I recommend you to do a clean FSX reinstall this way. It won't take you much as you say that you don't have much addons anyway.

I hope this helps!

Happy flying!

Andreu

Archived