1st Scenery edit Sechelt Marina/ Warf and SPB

Yardreamer

Thanks Matt

Can you suggest a good editor for modeling please...?

I have 3D CAD experience (Turbo Cad), if this program is useable what format would be necessary? I find the generic library acceptable but a closer facsimile would be la crème. I am finding editing rather enjoyable and interacting with my creative environment in FSX now is equally rewarding as flying in it.

Thanks for your efforts in producing the mesh as I found the the default mesh at 10 miles out ok but any closer and forget it. I would purchase flight simulators having fun for a few flights but always end up becoming discouraged with the lack of realistic terrain detail. So I would fly at night or in foul weather (by the way enjoy your Pacific North West weather). But although fun it got to the point I would stop playing after a few weeks. A good analogy; now the terrain detail has come into full focus and not a point of interest rough outlined tourist map on the back of a visit here pamphlet.

Thanks to your attention to the actual topography as I find myself filled with creative inspirations filling in all the scenery nuances as in the SS above and the learning process getting to this point was equally liberating as learning to fly itself.

Thanks again, Dreamer

Thanks Matt

Can you suggest a good editor for modeling please...?

I have 3D CAD experience (Turbo Cad), if this program is useable what format would be necessary? I find the generic library acceptable but a closer facsimile would be la crème. I am finding editing rather enjoyable and interacting with my creative environment in FSX now is equally rewarding as flying in it.

Thanks for your efforts in producing the mesh as I found the the default mesh at 10 miles out ok but any closer and forget it. I would purchase flight simulators having fun for a few flights but always end up becoming discouraged with the lack of realistic terrain detail. So I would fly at night or in foul weather (by the way enjoy your Pacific North West weather). But although fun it got to the point I would stop playing after a few weeks. A good analogy; now the terrain detail has come into full focus and not a point of interest rough outlined tourist map on the back of a visit here pamphlet.

Thanks to your attention to the actual topography as I find myself filled with creative inspirations filling in all the scenery nuances as in the SS above and the learning process getting to this point was equally liberating as learning to fly itself.

Thanks again, Dreamer

FSX has support for gMax and 3DsMax. You can use other programs such as Blender and Rhino but in the end the models must be exported from gMax or 3DsMax.

Archived