Cairns Approach JS41

realatp

I did a Brindabella Charter from YBBN - YBCS. My routing was Manley VOR, Rockhampton VOR, Townsville VOR then on down the coast into Cairns, FL240. I did runway 15 via the CS VOR and the 13DME Arc. It was awsome and this is my first screenshot on this forum!

Posted Image

Nice! What frame rates were you getting?

Im getting 30 locked, I use the Limiter 2.0 and I can get 30 locked at YBBN during the day as well with the same settings.

Have you tried the Creek approach?

I have not tried that Approach, is it a Visual or IFR approach?

Its a noise abatement approach and visual below 3000ft.

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/publications/current/dap/BCSNA01-121.pdf

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/publications/current/dap/BCSNA02-121.pdf

Use the Victor Approach

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/publications/current/dap/BCSSR08-123.pdf

It just adds a dimention of difficulty to the final approach and is much more interesting than the full ILS approach. Perfect in the J41.

Thanks Trev,

I base myself out of YBBN and Cairns is a long way's away, but Im sure when the NGX gets released I'll be doing a lot of YMML to YBCS etc etc and I'll give these Approaches a shot. I think Im one of the very few that uses FTX for IFR flying most of the time. It's still WAY better thenm GEX and UTX flying, the airports and scenery are so beautful even if you only see it for 10 minutes or so on takeoff and landing.

Love it. Looks like you were all lined perfectly for it.

And i am pretty convinced that you are far from the only one that does IFR in FTX. Already planning many great NGX flights (i plan on basing myself at Canberra) and me and my Turbine Duke have been all over the place, and flew tons of interesting approaches.

We all just need to post more shots of them. VC shots fanatics like me will always enjoy a snapshot of a perfectly well setup approach!

HercFan

I wish there was a little bit more awarness in the community about how well ORBX Au works for the transport cateigory aircraft. There are so many beautiful destinations in AU. I will base myself out of YMML. Here a few airports Im going to visit with the NGX, all of these airports are covered with either ORBX OZx or Anthony Lynch Scenery.

Melbounre (ORBX)

Canberra (ORBX)

Launcstion (ORBX)

Hobart (Avsim)

Cooly (John Russ..I think)

Coffs (ORBX)

Port Mac (ORBX)

Hervey Bay (ORBX)

Bundaberg (ORBX)

Rockhampton (Lynch)

Townsville (lynch)

Cairns (ORBX)

Hamilton I (Lynch)

Darwin (Lynch)

Tamworth (ORBX)

Brisbane (ORBX)

Busselton (ORBX)

Some of those airports only have 5000' runways, which is fine; the NGX will have the SFP which will enable us to use those runway...obviously with some weight and density altitude restrictions. I'm still looking for some more airports that a 737 could get into and out of. If you guys know of any I've missed please let me know. So many airports will keep me busy for a long time flying the NGX over AU.

Archived