Cessna Mustang 3W5-CYYF

jtwillia

Really nice! Always enjoy seeing shots of the Cessna Mustang in action... especially in my old stomping grounds of PNW. Now to get a new desktop as this Laptop doesn't quite measure up for my Mustang. But it does FSX a lot better than my old desktop did! :lol:

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing. Love the Mustang in the sim and real life. A High Sierra landed at my local the other day from Cessna that they were show boating around.

But I'd noticed you had full fuel leaving 3W5. (if you didn't adjust fuel weight I doubt you adjusted baggage or passengers weights) That must have been a stand on

the brakes, full throttle then let her go takeoff with only 2600 feet of RW at 3W5 when needs 3100 feet @ MTOW. I'd rather not risk my 2.7 million dollars that way in

real life or in respects for "simulation" vs playing. (I guess we were more playing here)

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Oltimer, your surmise about my takeoff is correct. I taxied all the way back to the first foot of paved runway before commencing takeoff, and I did indeed stand on the brakes until the enginees were at full thrust. I was within 200 feet of the end of the runway before I had a positive rate.

Obviously a prudent airman would never do this in real life but sometimes I like a challenge in flightsim. I am not a real life pilot so these "risky" sim practices are unlikely to do harm to any living person or real property.

Archived