Dirty Cub in the flat lands of Portland

Very nice pictures and just the right aircraft for the job. Okay a bit muddy but that happens on grass fields.

When I was taking pictures for Alex to complete the field I asked one of the Willamette Valley Soaring Club people why they put a field right next to a grove of trees that require taking off only to the east and landing only to the west. His answer: "And how big did you think those trees were when we started?" Turns out they have been in operation at that same location for 50 years. Pretty impressive.

Very nice pictures and just the right aircraft for the job. Okay a bit muddy but that happens on grass fields.

When I was taking pictures for Alex to complete the field I asked one of the Willamette Valley Soaring Club people why they put a field right next to a grove of trees that require taking off only to the east and landing only to the west. His answer: "And how big did you think those trees were when we started?" Turns out they have been in operation at that same location for 50 years. Pretty impressive.

That's such an interesting story and was wondering this when I was flying in this really picturesque scenery!

Guest Dontay

When I saw the last picture a Sesame Street song came to mind.

One of these things is not like the others

One of these things... doesn't belong... :lol:

Great set John. Fantastic shots and a great area to fly. I like doing the short hop from the other side of the West hills at Scapoose.

Archived