Descent to lake Cushman

Posted Image

Downwind

Posted Image

Final

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Parked... too bad some textures didn't load up.... likely for my switching back and forth with the external views.

Posted Image

Parked... too bad some textures didn't load up.... likely for my switching back and forth with the external views.

Posted Image

I used to get graphics issues just like that before I added...

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

...to my fsx.cfg. I also get less problems if I run in windowed mode with the window maximised - worth giving a try. ;)

Ok thanks, I'll see if it improves the visual rendering. Hope it not lower smoothness in my system.

Cheers

It may be worth trying each of these in turn, i.e. just try the HIGHMEMFIX=1 initially?

I don't recall experiencing any noticeable difference when adding HIGHMEMFIX=1, so I can only assume it may make a small difference whereas aircraft that is mostly invisible is very noticeable and off-putting.

I believe running full screen looks better/smoother on my system, but again the downside of using it often outweighs the trade off - having to completely restart FSX for example because I get very bad graphics corruption. This often occurs when using the menus to change aircraft, use FsPassengers or drop back to the desktop to use Plan-G etc.

Anyway, I hope one or the other of these options improves things for you - would be interested to hear back from you as to the outcome? ;)

Hi there!

I have just made a few tests concerning tweaking this or that and these are my results:

Highmemfix=1: it reduces frames far to 8-11 in Kors with Ant's Sierra Plane, during a light shower. Without HIGHMEMFIX frames are stable 25-35

Over YBBN, with settings a bit lower than in Kors', I tried BUFFERPOOL Rejecthreshold with values between 90000 and 150000. The better smoothness is with 150000 and almost no artifact. Sometimes I may see a black tile looking on my right or left side. All tests in Brisbane made with Real Siae Marchetti aircraft and FTX AI traffic/My traffic 2010 at 10%. YBBN specials all included B) . No FSX fatal error (which I'm very glad), DX9 active.

Also tested Brisbane with fps limiter, but it reduced the performance, giving me back nothing more than liability.

Any advice?

Thanks

F.

Archived