Undetailed ground "textures"

Hello everybody!

Please notice that I´m a young German and dont really know HOW to explain this!

Posted Image

This is how ALL my sceneries look like! Undetailed, no 3D grass - looks like something in there didnt load properly!

I tried to set the mesh detail up to 7cm - didnt help at all!

Please help!

Florian

Hi Florian...

Looks like your site doesn't support direct-linking and BBCode .. so I can't see your picture, unfortunately. (you could try Photobucket, or similar ... as Pic-Upload don't seem to have a BB-code option)

Are you referring to ORBX freeware fields .... which ones?

Also, if you do not have FTX region packs then some of the features will not be present, as the fields are designed to go with the regions.

The photoreal textures do look lower resolution than I would expect, although generally the freeware textures are not at the sorts of resolution of the licensed aerials used to make payware airports.

Many of the 3D models (grass etc) will only appear if you have FTX regions installed. These are a separate part of the scenery.

If you have photoreal terrain at all, then it seems that the scenery has loaded ... the higher resolutions being determined by the FSX LOD engine and your Texture resolution slider (which as you correctly suggested, should be set to 7cm)

I can only access the one picture, is there another with a wider view of the airfield?

Archived