Topic title..hmmm dunno ..

alan2

Fantastic mate! Just love the old birds...... Reminds me of those series we did last year or the year before over Tassie Alan, remember the Bristols being chased by Richtofen shots?

I do Dale . My best screenshots were happening then (according to me !!) but I dont have the time anymore, or at the moment.

Flying this SE5A can be leathal. They dont like gliding too much and I find the speed quickly drops off on finals . Totally messed up the first landing which took me by surprise and still fluffed the second landing. The third landing was very heavy on the gear. On the verge of a stall,at landing ,you may as well forget the ailerons , in fact that could make everything far worse. Throw in the fact that you have no brakes .....yep, its fun atm. Somehow got myself in a flat spin (sort of ) from which I never recovered . I think there may be some truth in the flight dynamics here. ... from the manual ...

Ensure that you are set up for a ‘three-point’ landing. The S.E.5A does not like main wheel landings and will be on the point of dangerous ground loop. As the stall is neared, pull the stick right back and try to land on the wheels and skid together. Also, try to leave the ailerons alone; moving them can also result in a groundloop at stall speeds! :)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Archived