WestJet Flight 3008 from Calgary to Honolulu in a.......Boeing 757!!!

No its not a fictional livery. WestJet is an all 737-NG fleet with the exception of one wet-leased 757 operated by North American Airlines on their Alberta to Hawaii routes.

WestJet so happens to be one of my favourite airlines and the 757 so happens to be one of my favourite aircraft to fly. So I couldn't resist flying the WJA3008 route while they still have it.

Aircraft: Captain Sim 757-200 WestJet repaint by Robert Perry

Scenery: ORBX FTX NRM and PNW

Effects: REX Overdrive with VFR Serenity theme

AI Traffic: ORBX AI Traffic

The Flight Plan from Calgary to Honolulu:

Posted Image

Taxing out with some of the WJA 737's in the background. Look no wingtips, don't tell the Marketing Department  ;D :

Posted Image

Departing shot:

Posted Image

Turning to my course over Calgary:

Posted Image

Looking back over Calgary:

Posted Image

Climbing through FL180:

Posted Image

Reaching FL310 and the weather clears up:

Posted Image

Making my turn over Cranbrook to Hoquiam:

Posted Image

Cruising at FL350 from the Flight Deck:

Posted Image

Next stop Hawaii:

Posted Image

Great shots, but just curious: what was the cause of the ctd and did you get an error message?

Not sure what caused it. I was switching between views when it happened. I find if you fly the Captain Sims 757 and 767 without switching views too often it works great, as soon as you switch between views to take screenshots eventually it will crash.

nice pics!

one time (waaaay back in like 2006 when i got the sim) I decided to do a flight from Sydney to Singapore in a 747. Even with simulation going at like 64x or 128x or something like that, i still gave up about twenty minutes into the flight lol

After that I resigned myself to short European and American hops, although that has kind of changed thanks to Orbx, now it's just Pacific Northwest and Australian journeys all the time! ;D

Archived