Reason why Open Clouds still impresses

John Lovell

I have to agree , great depiction . Im trying  REX textures, ASevolution weather and pumping in OC . Not enough time on it atm but it looks like OC cloud levels and seems to be working. Put it another way - the sim hasnt crashed yet !  and not sure whether Im getting those up/down draughts Im after from ASE .  :)

Yes John, I have to thank you for HU on OC.

@jja

Install

Start FSX

Set up flight with starting airport

Run OC

Wait till it says "Connected" or you see in green FSX

Click the options you want OC to use(left box

(forgot Fraze) Load weather into FSX, there is no load bar or even any time, its strange but it is instant

Press no 5 min updates

Close or minimize

Go fly

Yes John, I have to thank you for HU on OC.

@jja

Install

Start FSX

Set up flight with starting airport

Run OC

Wait till it says "Connected" or you see in green FSX

Click the options you want OC to use(left box

(forgot Fraze) Load weather into FSX, there is no load bar or even any time, its strange but it is instant

Press no 5 min updates

Close or minimize

Go fly

OK Thanks for the info.  It would be nice to see a progress bar.  I have to agree that OC does do a good job at Wx rendering.

jja

Still impressed too John - Thank You from my side as well for that fantastic tip - i am currently using OC and don´t want to miss it anymore - a real great tool... maybe the great folks at REX will be putting similar weatherengine-features into one of their upcoming updates or so...

But besides that: Even the best tool needs to be presented in a good way - and with this set You did some fantastic work again John - and the best thing about these pictures in my opinion is not just the fact, that OC is well shown here - no it is the fact, that someone can really experience Your fascination for it and Your passion towards simming in general here too - and that´s a real great pleasure!!!

Thank You very much for sharing!!!

Archived