A Hellcat over Tassmania

moonman

... My first flight with a "Military-Vintage"... well: So far so well - really like the feeling of flying around with it ...

But: How do i get rid of these bombs - i don´t need them, don´t want them under my ... wings and don´t like them anyways! I was able to fire the rockets into the nowhere, but not the bombs... have got to check through the manual again...

Anyways: I really like the livery, the shape of the plane and i also really enjoy to have the chance to fly high and fast as well as low and - well - relatively slow at least. Also liked the agility of the plane very much - great fun actually! ... hmmm: But there are so many various planes and types of aircraft out there... So for the next and close future i think i will stay with some basic GA and vintage planes again though, because there is still so much for me to learn about the basics of aviation, flightplaning and so on and so on...

Anyways:

Sometimes it´s just great to jump into some cockpit and let it roll ...

So: 2 pictures, straight from the v-key and a frame around it.

Please enjoy!

DAYTIME

Posted Image

EVENING

[img width=1085 height=700]http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/845TASSIE_3.jpg

I love my Hellcat!  ;D  You can go into the aircraft.cfg file to get rid of the bombs, etc. just change the aircraft.cfg as follows:

Replace the [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE] section with this:

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]

max_gross_weight = 15300

empty_weight = 10035

reference_datum_position = 0, 0, 0

empty_weight_CG_position  = 0, 0, 0

CG_forward_limit = 0

CG_aft_limit = 1

max_number_of_stations = 3

station_load.0 = 0, 0, 0, 0 // bombs

station_load.1 = 0, 0, 0, 0 //rockets

station_load.2 = 180, 0, 0, 0 // pilot

This will make it so that the default load will not include bombs or rockets- i.e. more like a fighter.  ;) What you are doing is zeroing out the station_load.0 and station_load.1. You can add bombs and rockets once the plane is loaded up in the game.

If you want them to be there as the default, you can zero them in-game in the fuel/payload section.

Thank You very much for all Your kind replies!!

Great that You like these two!!

It´s always a real great pleasure to share some screens here, and: vice versa - enjoy those You post here!

Thank You very much shipdriver for the info here concerning the cfg. file - Gonna dig into it and fix it the way i like it! Thank You!

And:

I am very sorry for the spelling in the title  :-[ - sometimes i just mess some things up... it´s: TaSmania... i know, i know... everyone - especially those who live in Tasmania - i am really sorry for that, but i can not "modify" it any more...

I will be much, much more careful next time - won´t happen again!!

Christoph

I reckon a good warbird to start of with would be the A2A P40 . Its well built , flys really well and a great sound . You get more functionality in the cockpit .  The A2A $20 planes are the best value out there for warbirds . They are much more convincing in my opinion.

Good to see you having fun with this , good pictures  :)

I reckon a good warbird to start of with would be the A2A P40 . Its well built , flys really well and a great sound . You get more functionality in the cockpit .  The A2A $20 planes are the best value out there for warbirds . They are much more convincing in my opinion.

Good to see you having fun with this , good pictures  :)

My first warbird was in fact the P-40. However, in hindsight, the Hellcat is an easier bird to fly (IRL and in sim) and the Vertigo F6F gives nothing up to the P-40 visually and functionally, among other things. If the IRIS Hellcat soundpack is added, then its sound is significantly more immersive as well. On top of it all, the F6F has a tailhook.  ;D

Archived