Computer thermometer anyone? Which one?

alexf

I am looking to get one of those digital thermometers with a cable you can drop inside the computer under the desk, and have the readout near your monitor where you can monitor (pun!) the temperature.

I looked online and all I see is fancy cooking thermometers (and health ones too). Would the cooking ones work within the range? Else, which one to get? I am looking for nothing fancy nor expensive.

Not sure I trust software (CPU z) to be reliable, plus have to remember to have the software running and it takes screen real estate. A small us$20.00 or so little readout looks better, is easy to read, and on all the time.

Are you planning to cook something inside your case?

Honestly ... Ambient case temps are not really going to tell you much except how well your airflow is working and that is dependant on ambient room temps also... better to monitor the component temps....

I think you are looking for something like this. It's actually a fancontroller but comes with Temp. sensors as well. Don't know how well they do or how precise they are.

http://www.alternate.nl/html/product/Behuizingen_Fancontrollers/Scythe/Kaze_Master_5,25/245023/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Koeling&l2=Behuizing&l3=Fancontrollers

Kind regards,

Wouter

Archived