Odd appearance of central Melbourne

Emile

I have put my PC Aviator order numbers (for FTX Australia and FTX Melbourne Intl V2.0) in my signature and hope that's sufficient to get a reply.  First time I added them they did not get saved so I added them again after posting this.  Hope it worked.

I have just installed FTX Australia after already having installed FTX Melbourne Intl V2.0 some time ago.  Today I did a low level flight over central Melbourne for the first time.  I know Melbourne from a number of visits and love the place, and your depiction of it is AMAZING !  But there was something "unusual" about the sight of Flinders Station approaching over the Yarra River from the MCG.  I attach two screenshots to demonstrate (using the Add Image To Post link and hope they are visible).  Must be something to do with my configuration ???.  Any suggestions to fix it, would be much appreciated.  Thanks a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That is the same as I have. That looks correct. When you buy Melbourne it is only the international airport with some of the surrounding area and it is not the city of Melbourne.

OK thanks, at least I know it's not just my setup (though I don't entirely agree with "correct" since last time I was in downtown Melbourne, Flinders Station wasn't floating in the air ;D).  It's not a biggie since I don't do much "sightseeing" in FSX anyway - I was just curious.  Hadn't expected issues such as this to crop up in one of Australia's main cities with FTX Australia SP3 also installed, but perhaps that's expecting a bit much.  And it hasn't affected my amazement at just what a fabulous scenery package this is :).

Archived