Ravalli County, Montana. Why elevation change?

BroncoBilly

Hi Bronco,

It's the mesh.  Holger provides the latest and most accurate mesh for all the FTX sceneries and It's my job to place the airports into this mesh so that they look like they really belong there.  I chose 3616' as that was the closest match to elevation at the entrance to the airport, making the entrance look as realistic as possible (ie: no ramp up or ramp down needed).  The east end of 6S5 drops down to 3603' and the west end slopes up to ~3650', so I could have used 3642' but the entrance would (did) look very strange.

Setting an airport into the "Holger mesh" is often a give and take proposition and having never been there I take my best shot,  If it's any consolation I try NOT to change an airport elevation unless I feel it's necessary.

Cheers, Neil

Thanks for the explanation.  Looks great and feels like the real place, Unfortunate about the necessary compromise on the elevation. 6S5 is a favorite I had modded quite a bit.

I restarted with your version and added back the best of my "fantasy" additions.

You do drop quite a bit already when driving in, in real life, as I recall.

Archived