Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu

lthendrix

The are MANY on You Tube Sir.

which means Father in his native Echo Island tongue of "Yolngu" language.

He sings in Gälpu, Gumatj or Djambarrpuynu all from the original "Yolngu" Language.

Most notable is the amazingly clear vocal range of his voice and the fact he plays a conventionally strung guitar left handed.

Also Geoffrey is Mandaway's brother and also played with Yothu Yindy.

If your in the mood and have a Concert Hall effect in your Sound Card then turn it on  turn it UP and LISTEN to this version of 

I know people on this forum think I'm a hard bastard sometime with honest criticism and sometimes lack tact, BUT after re reading the eulegy I gave my father at his funeral and listening to this turned up with the echo of the simulated concert hall simply put turned me into a driveling wreck.

I don't speak the Yolungu lanquage but managed to find some translation plus there is some on the video link I posted above.

Also I was wrong as I though Geoffrey was Mandawuy Yunupingu's brother but he is his nephew,  when he was with Yothu Yindi he played "yidaki" (didgeridoo ), keyboards , guitar and percussion.

He is now with "The Salt Water Band" who's first CD " Gapu Damurrun "  sold more than 10,000 copies.

I just listened again with the headphones and the Concert Hall effect.

There is no filter between this man's feelings and the listener's heart, it's just magic and fabulous.

Maurice, I am sorry for your father.

I just lost my young son two months ago and this music, so far from my own culture and life brought me some peaceful moments like no other music.

Thanks again brother.

Archived