At last.

Iain Emms

That is nice Iain...

I find it easy using the VS in autopilot to keep a level flight and helps in decent and approaches.

Key is, for me slowing down in enough time using speed brakes and full flaps just on touch down.

A very interesting plane and the most fun and challenging in my collection, you grow to love her more and more

Very awesome flight model.  Can't get in enough landings.  Took me 4 touch n goes to get the hang of it.

ps - use the '/' slats on final.

jja

You use the speedbrakes on final? I use them for getting down quickly from high altitudes without having build up tons of speed in a 'controlled dive'. When I'm on final though, I will retract the speedbrakes because I don't want them killing my lift. I have found at low speeds, it will drop much faster with the speedbrakes deployed and I have to nose up even more to compensate (if I can) giving me the forward visibility of a FW190 and getting closer to stalling and getting beyond my abilities. I will then use a pretty shallow glideslope with FULL flaps to keep from building up speed. The Lancair speedbrakes are not like slats- they just stick up in the airflow on the upper wing surface, cutting lift and not providing any additional wing area. That said, yes, it is an awesome fight model- case in point, the speedbrakes and also how you can 'feel' it when the gear comes down.

Archived