Victory in the Southwest

Derek McAllan

G'day all,

Haven't found much time for posting screenies lately, I'm on holidays at the moment and enjoying some much needed time off.  Of course, some of my relaxation downtime is devoted to flying!!  ;D

Picked up a couple of new additions to the hangar a while back and am just now beginning to enjoy them.  For this set, I'm flying the Epic Victory from Lionheart.  This plane looks nice on the whole, but I'm a bit "meh" about the modelling and the systems.  Is it really supposed to be as easy to fly as it is?  Doesn't present much in the way of excitement lol.  Although, the Flight Director is challenging... not at all intuitive to use and the manual was very little help.  Here's some shots from a couple of IFR flights from YPPH Perth International down to YABA Albany.  Weather by REX, landscape is the ever faithful FTX AU Blue.

Posted Image

Cruising along south of Perth, after finally coming to grips with the autopilot and getting it to follow the course I set.  I like this exterior paint, the interior... not so much.  Too much timber veneer.

Posted Image

Second flight, more use of the 'V' key this time  ;D  I love this paint's interior... the carbon fibre panel looks divine, although the exterior looks like a plastic x-plane model.  Oh well, guess I'll find a model I'm happy with eventually.

Posted Image

Approaching the Stirling Range, seen to the left of the plane here.

Posted Image

Other side of the Stirling's, seen out the left side of the cockpit.  Man I hate that smoked glass... who's bright idea was that?

Posted Image

Vectoring into the ILS for runway 14.  About here I realised I had no idea how to do an ILS approach with the G1000 panel...  Looks like I'm doing this one the old fashioned way  ;D

Posted Image

All parked up for the ground crew to tinker with as the sun sets.

Don't get me wrong, I think I'll be spending a bit of time flying this plane, but it just feels so... so... X-plane.  Not at all what I was expecting.  In the end I think I'll end up with another bizjet that is a bit more of a handful to fly... maybe the Citation X from Eaglesoft.  Hope you enjoyed!

PS - just discovered the ever reliable Frank's Brindabella paint for this bird... more flights to come  ;D

Cheers,

Derek

I know when you try so hard to like something, but I usually find first impressions win

Yeah, I sound a bit like that don't I?  I'm really not that disappointed with the plane as such... it just feels like something I would have flown in x-plane - in particular if feels like some of Sean Tebor's planes from 5 years or so back (X-Plane 7 & 8 days).  He had some crazycool designs out there, I was a big fan of his Evenblade and Evenjet models.  Hmmmm... I wonder what ever happened to that guy?

Cheers,

Derek

Archived