My turn-Bearcat

alan2

Thanks guys .

Dontay, well what can I say , mixed emotions at the moment. The sound set is very good but it sounds almost the same as their P36 Hawk and that made my heart sinlk a bit . Within itself it is great - good sound .

I think I'll start a thread in the general section to see how the others are finding it , but for now Iam not sure what to advise you . Since your are going to get the accusim Mustang anyway my advice is to buy thye A2A P40 Tomahawk , a beautiful flyer and unique sound (Alliison ) and agreat VC .

If you have never flown a warbird before you will have fun trying to land it . The P51 will be a handful for you . Maybe the P40 will break you in a bit , but then you could be a natural    :)

Nice shots, Alan!

as for warbirds, I'm with Alan, there are better and worse ones.

I'd say go for the P-47 with accusim, read the manual, and you'll never look back. Keep the meters in the green though!

Compared to the Bearcat, the Jug wins it on all counts, by a big margin. Best warbird around. Period. OK, not counting the B-17...

I'm waiting for the P-51 too, but that may be for a while yet....

I'm considering this one. I don't have the Jug which I see people recommend, but have the RealAir Spit (my only decent warbird) which I do like. How do those two (Jug & Bearcat) compare to the RA Spit?

Should I get the Jug or the Bearcat?

Should I get the Jug or the Bearcat?

I don't have the Bearcat, but IMO the Jug with accusim is one to have. It's a bit of a beast on taking off and more so on landing but it's very immersive to fly and will keep to busy with regards to engine management, even more so than the B17 really.

...and I can add that the P-47 is far better as a model than the spit, IMHO.

Looks better, has better systems and is more immersive.

Did I mention the sounds? Best of the lot. I love to taxi, and hear it groan, and hear the brakes squeal...

And if you don't like the accusim stuff, you can switch it off occasionally to relax.

Hi Alex,

A2A are at the top . I dont own the RA Spit but Ive heard a few arguments about which one is best there - RA or A2A , so I'll stick with the RL aerobatic guys who say the A2A Spit is the one .

Also remember the A2A are port overs, but its hard to guess. So the new Mustangs and Spits  etc should be awesome

As its turning out , or it seems, the Vertigo models are almost like an entry model .  They look fantastic but when it comes to look under the hood ,well, it just needs a bit more polish . It is maybe designed for a market that doesnt want any consequences during flying .

The A2a is a far more polished product .Although Jankees says the P47 is the best , and he may be right , I recommended the P40 because its comparitively lightweight and more manoeuvreable , easier to throw it around and land etc . A good allrounder thats not going to bite you all the time , but you can bend its prop.  Good for someone whos starting out . I still fly it regularly because of its nice manners

Also remember the A2A are port overs, but its hard to guess.

Huh?

The old ones yes, but the new ones with accusim are fully fledged native FSX models.

But I admit the P-40 (yes native FSX too) is very nice as well, but no accusim (yet).

But back on subject: here's a new bearcat paint I like (though fictional):

Posted Image

Archived