Big problem, cpu fan quitting!

TenBlade

After moving around the insides of my rig, my cpu-fan won´t run?! Or, rather, it starts up and a second later it stops!!! I quickly cut the power, jeesh, the panic. Haven´t done anything to it, the wire is in place on the board, it spins freely when moved manually. All the case fans are running.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is?! I´m not enclined to wait a few seconds longer to see if it starts up again, I suppose the cpu could fry in those few seconds, or am I just freaking out?

Bjorn

Edit: I´m off on night shift shortly. I´ll check up on it tomorrow. Hope there´s some good ideas coming my way ::)

Hi, thanks. You may have the solution for me there :). I´ll plug it into a case fan outlet and see what the BIOS has to offer.

Couldn´t wait to check for answer, so I took a quick peek while at work so I could go worry-free through the night ::).

Bjorn

Same thing happened on the 4-pin sysfan, so I was kinda in a dead-lock. It ran a little longer though. I cranked up the rear fans, they actually pull air through the heatsink, bit the bullet, and let it boot :o Got into BIOS and adjusted the fan-thingy for when I get the energy to rewire again. BIOS displayed cool temps., so I was relieved.

But after BIOS I got a "Boot Manager Missing press ctrl+alt+del to reboot". OMG had that issue when I installed the new mobo. Thought I had to reinstall OS again. Found a fix for it, though. I think I should make a separate post on it, just in case anyone is stuck in the same mess. But in that process the fan would twitch now and then, then go a couple of rounds, then stop and twitch a little again. But it runs flawlessly now ;)

After a few minor resettings system is up and running again 8) Thanks again!

Bjorn

Archived