ATI graphics question re drivers

dreamnugget

I have a Radeon 6570 HD for which I tried to update drivers (driver package 10.8) and had  unexpected results.  The initial reboot showed no symptoms of probs, but the next day on a cold start, the OS would load up (Win7 pro 32), and when (I am guessing) it was loading up the drivers, the video (card) would just seem to shut off (no signal) but the pc still loads up.  Being a typical Aussie male, I manually restarted the pc 3 times to see if it would 'fix itself' before finally choosing safemode and rolling back the installed graphics card drivers which seemed to fix the problem.  I notified support regards to the issue, and they suggest that some boards with on board video would have to disable onboard first before it would work properly but I dont have (as far as I am aware) on board Video...so go figure..anyone else had probslems with this?

Also an unusual issue (which resulted in me trying to update the graphics driver), I tend to have a hang (death) issue when flying along, then selecting the menu bar to load (or reload) the GPS after changing views and it will just hang, then the message saying 'FSX has stopped working do you want to search for a solution and report the problem before restarting'..  I have the Orbx products listed below as well as OzX, and ants fields, I dont recall any issue prior to installing FTX or OzX and Ants fields, so that prob could have arisen from anywhere...just wondering if anyone else has come across this.  I have 4gig ram, Quad core (AMD Athalon II x4 620, 2.6Ghz w/2mg level 2 cache).  My scenery settings are mid to high level and maintain a managable 20 FFS.

Thanks for reading, look forward to your experiences.

Jay

PS Disregard the last, just noticed the menu bar crash thread, I guess it is the same issue.

Archived