Time to Upgrade

Giorgio Ramones

Hi guys, well i got a little bit of money and I want to upgrade my PC budget is 500$ So, guys ill let you choose things for me... Btwn no plans on change my case its big and I like it despite of that i live outside of the US so its to expensive for me to ship it!

Thanks for your help  ;)

Actual PC

Alienware A51-7500

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.8ghz, Xigmatek Dark Night.

4GB Mushkin Redline DDR2-1000mhz

Evga GTX260 Core216 SC

XFX nForce 780i 3SLI Motherboard

250GB SATA 3Gb/s 7,200R

W7x64

G'day Bjorn,

Similar threads to this one have been started many times before, including by me. As many of us have our computer specs in our signature file do you think there would be value in running a thread which also displayed our performance specs? I clearly understand that this is for comparison only but it may help people wishing to upgrade or build a new computer.

In my case this also shows why I may well be less than happy with my outlay on a pair of SSD's which, given the hype, is clearly under performing. It was very good early but has deteriorated to "hack" status in less than nine months.

Posted Image

Hello Ramonesg

It depends on what you are aiming for.  If you're only looking for better FSX-performance = you would better leave your rig as it is.

As long as you are on socket 775 - an upgrade of your already very good S775 system doesn't make sence.

A new S1366 MoBo,new CPU and new ram takes a lot of money.

Howsoever - if you are angry at your money and prefer to spend it straight away - a new graphics card

with 1 GB ram minimum would be a good choice.

G'day Bjorn,

Similar threads to this one have been started many times before, including by me. As many of us have our computer specs in our signature file do you think there would be value in running a thread which also displayed our performance specs? I clearly understand that this is for comparison only but it may help people wishing to upgrade or build a new computer.

In my case this also shows why I may well be less than happy with my outlay on a pair of SSD's which, given the hype, is clearly under performing. It was very good early but has deteriorated to "hack" status in less than nine months.

Posted Image

G´day, Mac. Sorry for late reply, and sorry for cross threading a bit here ::). I think it would be a fantastic thread. It´s a simple benchmark with an arbitrary score, and should be comparable for all users with that feature. On a personal note, I think it should measure the PSU performance as well. Guess programmers were forced to wrap it up in a hurry... And we may also get a glimpse of how trustworthy the feature is, say, if someone with a hyperclocked 980 gets a mediocre score on the cpu.

Bjorn

Archived