FSX Activation

hendrik

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've just reinstalled FSX for the nth time, and for the first time I was unable to activate on line (server error?), so I clicked "activate later".

Question is how do I do this? Do I have to play in trial mode for 30mins and hope the activate now window comes up? If the server still has problems do I have to repeat the same tedious procedure. (I really do not want to activate by phone - too many bad experiences with MS Tech support!)

Any ideas much appreciated...

Hendrik

Well then Hendrik i had to call them on the phone it was a free call on a land line it only took around three or four minutes, Did this last week with no problems at all just had to type in blocks of numbers and the auto speaker then gave me another set of numbers to fill in the boxs a painless afair really. I have just reinstalled again a few hours ago on line activation with no problems sorry i cant answer your question about the waiting time though.

cheers

Iain

Thanks for the reply Iain - my problem was that the activation page didn't pop up when I started FSX - having re-booted all seems well; on running FSX I now immediately get the activation screen; still can't activate on line though. Your phone experience gives me hope though!

Hendrik

Just a quick upate - I found it impossible to activate re-installed copy of FSX. Couldn't contact server, activate by phone threw up an error and suggested re-installing. Same problem. Thought maybe my FSX copy was so old (or I had re-installed so many times) my serial wqas no longer valid!

To cut a long story short I had to add a new user account (Win7) with admin privileges and install FSX as this new user. What a hassle!

Worked! Now to reinstall FTX and keep my FSX lean and mean (AU and PNW only!).

Just in case anybody else has this problem here is the MS solution that worked for me: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960481

Hendrik

Archived