L-39 @ Concrete

Naki

I havent flown the L-39 around PNW much as there isnt any ORBX airport with a long enough runway..but what the heck - I will give the Orbx Concrete airport a go (and made it harder by doinmg the flight at dusk)...managed to get in and out of Concrete Airport first pop ..must of fluked it as I tried to land the L-39 at elsewhere with a lot longer runway soon afterwards and stuffed it up several times until I got it right.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks guys.

Nice shots , you could maybe afford to go up one size larger then they would look even better  :)

Yeah I agree - I must look into that more..I use to get decent sized pictures before I got a widescreen monitor and I havent bothered to make the adjustments ..maybe its just a matter of resizing the pictures in paint or a similar programme

Try Ranger Creek 21W in the L39. Definitely a lot of fun but easily do-able. After you manage that, a real challenge (landing is tricky but departure is almost impossible) is Strom Field 39P, only 1800ft and mountains/hills all around. Very tricky. You need to come in stabilized with the drag brake out just a hair under 200kph and put it right on the numbers and then remove the flaps and stand on the brakes. Departing is really about keeping it in ground effect well after the runway is all used up until you get enough airspeed to climb out. If the wind favors 25 you will need to make a right turn to avoid the trees while still in ground effect and following Hwy 12. Enjoy.  ;D

Thanks for the pointer..I was thinking about trying Ranger Creek with the L-39 having flown the 185, Bonanza and Bird Dog from there..I will also try Strom Field (another ex Georender air filed from FS9 days).

Cheers

Archived