A few flights

Derek McAllan

G'day all,

Now that I'm back in action and happy with FSX's performance once more, I've started wearing out the "V" key  ;)

This is a collection from a few flights that I've done.  This first set was actually done before my Hard Drive died, but I never uploaded them.  I'm happy I got them back with the rest of the recovered data.  The flight is another of my OZx airfield searching journeys, this time I was looking for YMEW Mingenew Airfield, a location special to me as I spent a good chunk of my childhood roaming this district, exploring the nearby Irwin River and the Coalseam National Park.  I took off from YMRW Morowa for a leisurely winter's afternoon trip in the Mooney, with real weather provided by REX.  After locating the airstrip (with some difficulty I might add!!  I had forgotten that it runs right next to a road  :P) I landed briefly and continued on to Geraldton, taking in the Walkaway Wind Farm to the SE of Gero.

Posted Image

Climbing out of Morowa in the late afternoon.  Lovely green winter fields, and a suggestion of rain ahead.

Posted Image

Found it!  A tiny strip right next to the road, and far from flat  ;)

Posted Image

Quick "pitstop" after landing and finding a convenient bush  ;D

Posted Image

Heading into the Walkaway Windfarm, which is suprisingly expansive.  I've never seen it from the air before.

Posted Image

As the sun dipped between the clouds and the horizon I was treated to one of those "REX" moments  :o

Here's a solitary pic from a scenic flight around Uluru that I took to show off FTX to some friends  :D

Posted Image

And finally, this set is from a regional passenger run, Rockhampton to Cairns in the JS41 - my favourite small airliner by far!  I wanted to do a flight over water to see how my water and ENB settings looked at altitude, must say I'm pretty happy so far.

Posted Image

Predawn preflight at Rockhampton, REX real weather.

Posted Image

Making turn at the first waypoint

Posted Image

Light Cu's down low from FL190

Posted Image

It all seems to be working together now... cloud reflections aren't as overpowering as they used to be, and the water has a lovely glitter in the sunlight.  Yep, I think I'm happy with that.

Thanks for watching, hope you like  :)

Cheers,

Derek

Guest Northwest Pilot

Beautiful shots Derek! Good to hear that you have your system humming and dialed in. Looking forward to the degradation of your V key.  ;)

Archived