How to oc my PC-system???

Moritz

Hi there,

I´d like to oc my E8500 (default 3,16 GHz) on an Asus P5Q Deluxe motherboard  to get a little more fps.

Problem: I have no idea how this works!!!

So I thoght I`ll ask you oc-pro´s for some advice. Is there anybody out there that can tell me precisely what to do?

Kind regards,

Moritz

That chip is easily oc'd to 4 GHz. And should do so at stock voltage. Set FSB to 400, multiplier to 10. For the ram to keep up they should run linked at 1600 MHz, so if you got 1600 MHz ram you're on easy-street. Otherwise unlink ram and let them run at specified freq. and timings.

Now this is the short version. Make sure your cooler is up to it. Stability test of pc is easy with OCCT. 

Bjorn

You want to check your cpu temps b4 you overclock, Also be worthwhile investing in a heatpipe cpu heatsink to replace the stock heatsink it will help greatly with temps. Also do a searchon on e8500 overclock im sure you will ind plenty of info out there, I did and overcloced my sons old machine to 3.3 from 2.8

Hi guys,

thank you.

@ Bjorn: Ram to be configured in bios, correct? If it´s not running at 1600 MHz than what to do with frequncies and timings? (increse, decrease?)

@ mjrhealth: I already did an internet research on that topic. But this is way to much information for somebody that has not much time. I just trust in you guys. ;) 

@ both: 35 degress in both cores without oc? What do you think?

Cheers,

Moritz

Yes, it´s all in the BIOS. For now leave the timings at the specified value, you should be able to read that off the rams or the box they came in. I´d enter those values manually, not auto. There should be an option to link/sync ram with the FSB/cpu frequency, you must unlink for now...what is your ram brand and freq?

If you raise freq. for ram above specified you should increase timings to ensure stability. I had some corsairs 1333MHz, I clocked them to 1600, and since the timings were like 9-9-9, which is a tad slow, they stayed stable, using stock voltage still.

B

Archived