Orbxlib

FLighT

Spent the day downloading the freeware airports and installing them all. After each install I would fire up FSX and go the the airport just installed to see that it loaded okay, closed FSX and rebooted the computer. I also checked ORBX Central to see that it was showing updated info, pdf's and control panels for those addons that have them and all seems in order. The last thing I did was to reapply the Orbx Libraries 100630.

In the FSX Scenery Library however, the #1 folder is FTXAA_AIRPORTS and the number 2 folder is FTXAA_ORBXLIBS.

Is this the correct order? I expected LIBS to go to the 1 slot after reinstalling it. Thanks.

Guest J van E

I don't think the order matters. The airports use stuff from the libs: it's not that the airports themselves contain objects that take priority over the objects from the libs because the airports are at 1 and the libs is at 2. If you know what I mean. Every airport installer has the libs included, but it may not be the latest version, so that's why you always have to install the latest libs as last, to make sure you actually have the latest version in use.

(Hm, sounds complicated: I am sure someone else can say it more clear in one simple sentence... ;D )

Archived