New PC and back to say G'day

dreamnugget

Hi all, its bee a while, moved house, had a pc crash, started UNI (yes even at 38 years of age).  So now I am getting back into it and have bought me a new PC from Aldi.  The first thing I did after getting on line was to check back here and see whats new.....I have a lot of catching up to do.  I lie, the first thing I did was install FSX and then Acceleration...and to be honest This thing absolutely  rockets on with Flight Sim.  The box houses a 2.6 Quad Core, 4 gig ram, 512 ati graphics card, and 1TB hard-drive and Win 7 home premium for the princly sum of $699. For those in Australia, if you see it, buy it, you wont be sorry.  So with a new pc and fsx rocketing along, I needed a new monitor...so off to BIG W I go and pick up a 24" widescreen LCD TV with built in HD tuner for the whole purpose of using it as a monitor for my new PC...and again....wow, the detail is unreal, BIG W price $280 (it happened to be the last one and it was ex display...literaly took it off the shelf and took it home  ;D .  On top of all my rambling, I havent even re-installed FTX and OzX yet.....I can hardly wait...the kids may have to do their own dinner tonight while I lock myself away for a few days  :-\,  I am sure I will be back checking on further updates I dont yet have, and checkout the store for the full Aus package (I have blue and Gold).  So G'day, and chat soon.

Archived