Upgrading graphics card for 3D

Bluemoon

I am considering upgrading my graphics card to run 3D screens and shutter glasses. At present I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 285 which I would replace with 2 Zotac GeForce GTX 460 1024 mb GDDR PCI Express cards and 3 Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ22 inch widescreen monitors. Would this be powerful enough cards to run FSX in 3D without too much frame rate loss. My computer specs are Intel core i7 CPU 975 3.33 GHz with 6 GB of RAM and the OS is Windows 7 64 bit. Any advice or comments on this setup would be appreciated before I purchase the screens and cards. Thank you.

Now, FSX is under debate when it comes to whether SLI works or not. Have seen some posts stating that the 400-series should not reduce FSX performance, like former attempts with other makes have been observed to do.

Now, it´s a very interesting setup you´re planning there. And I hope you´ll "boldly go where noone has gone before" and tell us all how it works!

Bjorn

Well Bluemoon needs to go SLI since he wants to run three screens. Sounds like a pretty sweet setup, good luck.

Mike

I´m on three screens on one gpu, but with TripleHead2Go, wonder if it´ll support the 3D-thingymajiggy?!

Bjorn

Archived