YSCH or YCFS?

mhlarsen

I have a weird problem with Coffs Harbour and PMDG J41.

When I load a flightplan for J41 starting at Coffs Harbour and start the FMC, I get YCFS as the Ident???

This means ofcourse that the FMC cannot find my PMDG flightplans, as they have been created with YSCH.

On my official Aerodrome Chart for YSCH the icao YCFS is also printed, whats the story behind this?

The problem is then, that the Orbx Coffs Harbour payware AFCAD still has YSCH as the airport ID.

I guess the FMC in the J41 get YCFS from the NavData, but this means that using the FMC to plan a flight to/from Coffs Harbour is impossible.

Why?

I often fly the js41 (and other a/c with fmc) to coffs harbour.

There is absolutely no problem.

FSX calls it YSCH, JS41 FMC calls it YCFS, but they represent the same identical place.

So, if you plan with default fsx planner, use YSCH. If you use JS41 FMC, use YCFS.

That's all, simple as that.

I guess this works if you plan the FMC manually?

I use a 3rd party flightplanner, which only has YSCH and not YCFS (even though I have latest Navdata  ::) ).

When I create a plan I save both for FSX and for PMDG, but with YSCH the flightplan is not selectable in the FMC.

Actually it would be great if ORBx would update Coffs Harbour from YSCH to YCFS, which would solve all these problems.

Archived