FSX Expectations on this notebook ??

VH-JLC

Gidday fellas

Work requires me now to have a laptop on site to send and receive e-mails and pdf's etc etc..

Ive been hunting around and now that I have some cpu time at work I was looking at getting a somewhat powerful notebook that could comfortably run FSX from time to time..

I know that I should be looking at the I7900 series with a GTX 480 an the rest but I only want to build a machine around a I7980X but dont want to cough up the $1400 just for the processor,

So I want to wait for 6-12 months before building the FSX UBER RIG lol

Here's the rig ive been looking at

http://www.austin.net.au/ProductList/Produ...SX/Default.aspx

If the link doesn't work here's some specs;

Intel Core i7 720QM (1.6GHz, 2.8 Turbo)

6GB DDR3

500GB HDD 7200rpm

nVidia GT360M 1GB

Windows 7 Home Premium

Im not expecting to run everything maxed out an get 20+fps but a clear fluid performance would be great..

So what are your opinions about this machine??

im looking at picking it up this Friday..

cheers Josh

Awesome, thanks Mark

Im one of the "those" who flies mainly heavies, not too into the bush basing thing.. lol

Ive been looking at this notebook cooling pad http://www.austin.net.au/ProductList/ProductDetail/tabid/104/ProductCode/CLRONBS-P01/Default.aspx

Not too bad with the 4port USB built in so the yoke and pedals can be used at home..

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little note,

Im getting AMAZING results!!!

I can fly the JS41 into Orbx's YBBN with 10-15fps and its silky smooth as with the LevelD 767X!

I have have ground poly's un-checked (but thanks to Rex i dont go with out ;).. )

Senery complexity = Very dense

Auto gen = dense

It looks and feels great and worth every last penny!!

Here a couple pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Glad you are happy with you're new laptop. Up until last year I was flying FSX on a laptop and got suprisingly good results also. Sure, you have to sacrifice the odd setting but it still gave me impressive results. Enjoy your new toy!

Cheers

Steve

Archived