Anyone flying from Anacortes?

CBris

No? Then I am going to unashamedly plug my latest repaint of the BN Islander from Flight 1...

Posted Image Posted Image

San Juan Airlines are the ideal airline to explore this region and I am really enjoying this!

If you want this skin, you'll have to visit my website and go to the repaints / general aviation section. I might do one in the current SJA livery, although I don't think they operate the Islander any more...

Oh... www.eagleskinner.com of course

The Islander is a really nice addon. OK, I did erroneously slag what I thought was a bug, but I was corrected and stand by the fact that I made a fool of myself...

I will say one thing though, you may be right about not liking the screenshots you have seen already. I don't want to tread on toes, but let's put it this way: the delivered paints aren't up to my standards. ;) I think there are different painters involved who may have had difficulties with the paint kit and merging the layers correctly. Even I spent hours getting transparency and multiply merges to look better (I am not there yet) and I also did a lot of work on the shading too.

The VC is beautifully rendered and the cabin does look good too. But more important is the fact that it "Feels" right in flight and on the ground. I don't know how a real world pilot rates it, but it feels right.

Go on... give yourself that little nudge. I am sure I'll be adding a few liveries and hopefully some of the other experts will add theirs as well.

Nice work!

I'm on the fence about the Islander. It kind of interests me but I'm not overly impressed by what I've seen so far, being spoiled as I am. I'll probably hold off for now and save the money for the Carenado Caravan.

I have the Islander, and I don't regret buying it, but I did expect a little more out of it concidering how long it was in development. To really apreciate it, you have be a fan of the real Islander. Well maybe thats a little bold. for 30 bucks? Nice to have in the hangar. I have spent more on other aircraft and have been more dissapointed!

Like the livery, Looks great!

Archived