Q9650

Tailgunner

Thanks. Yes. Plenty around. Have to rule out overclocking: beyond my capability. Currently 8 gigs RAM, no idea of speed.

We can't find them here anymore, 4.05GHz on a Q9650 is not over your capability....what kind of motherboard do you have?

Do you have access to the bios, you will find the timing and speed in it ....exp: 800MHz 4-4-4-12........

It's what I got after decommissioning the E8600, and it made a world of difference, even at stock clock, no more stuttering.

Now, overclocking it may not be a snap for all. The chip is renouned for having variable overclockability. Those are experiences out there, and the x-edition is not worth the extra money. All it does is allowing a 10 multiplier, and it's supposedly not at all optimized specifically for OC. But with the regular Q9650 an oc of 4.2 GHz is possible, mine just won't go above 3.96. But that's close enough to 4 GHz  for me. Heard of some not getting above 3.7 GHz, so it can be hit or miss with that chip. But I'd still get it, since I'm in no current position for a complete board change and  i7 chip.

Make sure your PSU is of proper quality for a proper oc.

Bjorn 

It's what I got after decommissioning the E8600, and it made a world of difference, even at stock clock, no more stuttering.

Now, overclocking it may not be a snap for all. The chip is renouned for having variable overclockability. Those are experiences out there, and the x-edition is not worth the extra money. All it does is allowing a 10 multiplier, and it's supposedly not at all optimized specifically for OC. But with the regular Q9650 an oc of 4.2 GHz is possible, mine just won't go above 3.96. But that's close enough to 4 GHz  for me. Heard of some not getting above 3.7 GHz, so it can be hit or miss with that chip. But I'd still get it, since I'm in no current position for a complete board change and  i7 chip.

Make sure your PSU is of proper quality for a proper oc.

Bjorn

If you have the GTLVREF Lane 0-1-2-3 (or similar depending of your mobo) in your bios you should be able to hit 4.05GHz easy by adjusting the voltage on it, you will be amazed at how little core voltage you will need when the lane are well adjusted, 4.20GHz is also very possible if you take the time to tweak all your voltage, core + FSB + lane + northbridge- southbridge +++ .......wanna spend a full week to get there??  LOL

The trick is to overclock little by little.....and only after you are stable at let say 4.05GHz you can try to go higher BUT you will have to restart playing with voltage all over again for each overclock.....

Bjorn, you may have hit what we call a FSB hole at 3.96  + so you will have to set your CPU at something like 4.05GHz + and try from there, mine will overclock good at 4.05 > 4.20 > 4.24 > 4.275 and 4.320GHz ......between these number it's an FSB hole for me I can't get my overclock stable......ALWAYS keep an eye on the temp....

The pain of overclocking is after each voltage change you have to test for stability......thats what is time consuming.....

Thanks, people. Haven't a clue about overclocking - but if the Q9650 is good enough for you, it's certainly good enough for me. Incidentally, I have a GTX 260, and I'm wondering whether it would be worth swapping for the new GTX 460?

You can overclock the Q9650 to 4.05Ghz in a snap, the % in FSX will also depend of your ram speed and timing, no two rig will perform the same.

Can you find a new one?

I think it's not entirely true to state that overclocking a Q9650 to 4.xx GHZ is a snap. it's a bit too optimistic.

As TenBlade already said, not every Q9560 is the same. Mine for example definitely won't go above 3.67 and that's already with a vcore @  around 1.344.

It really depends an ALL system parts you've got. 

Overall, i think it's not as easy to overclock as a Q9500 but still it's a very very good CPU.

I use mine with a GTX280 SC and it's a pleasure to fly in FTX areas.

Anyways, you can't go wrong with a Q9650 but i ask myself, nowadays, wouldn't it be more beneficially to directly jump to a i7 ?? future wise?

Conchi

You can overclock the Q9650 to 4.05Ghz in a snap, the % in FSX will also depend of your ram speed and timing, no two rig will perform the same.

Can you find a new one?

I think it's not entirely true to state that overclocking a Q9650 to 4.xx GHZ is a snap. it's a bit too optimistic.

As TenBlade already said, not every Q9560 is the same. Mine for example definitely won't go above 3.67 and that's already with a vcore @  around 1.344.

Overall, i think it's not as easy to overclock as a Q9500 but still it's a very very good CPU.

Anyways, you can't go wrong with a Q9650 but i ask myself, nowadays, wouldn't it be more beneficially to directly jump to a i7 ?? future wise?

Conchi

My Q9650 will run at 4.20GHz at 1.455 v core (still in the green zone) you can't expect your CPU to overclock at 4.2GHz on 1.344 v core, you will also have to play with the FSB voltage.......mine is running at 4.32GHz at over 1.5 v.....for over a year now without skipping a beat.....no degradation or else......but everything as far as voltage like the GTLVREF Lane are well adjusted and that take time...

Conchi, 1.344 is nothing as far as voltage for overclocking a Q9650....now if you are scare about pushing your CPU above 1.344v that I can undersdtand BUT to say you can get it over 3.67GHz......give it to me and I'll have it at 4.05GHz in the same afternoon with all voltage in the green zone.....with all temp. in check IF you have a good CPU heatsink....

Overclocking is NOT for everybody....like I always said (in a good way) "if you can't afford to replace it don't overclock it" and I'm talking about extreme overclocking here like mine at over 4.3GHz......

The bottom line here is this, overclocking is not just about raising the v core voltage, it's like fine tuning a race car...everything has to work together in harmony....

If you have the GTLVREF Lane 0-1-2-3 (or similar depending of your mobo) in your bios you should be able to hit 4.05GHz easy by adjusting the voltage on it, you will be amazed at how little core voltage you will need when the lane are well adjusted, 4.20GHz is also very possible if you take the time to tweak all your voltage, core + FSB + lane + northbridge- southbridge +++ .......wanna spend a full week to get there??  LOL

The trick is to overclock little by little.....and only after you are stable at let say 4.05GHz you can try to go higher BUT you will have to restart playing with voltage all over again for each overclock.....

Bjorn, you may have hit what we call a FSB hole at 3.96  + so you will have to set your CPU at something like 4.05GHz + and try from there, mine will overclock good at 4.05 > 4.20 > 4.24 > 4.275 and 4.320GHz ......between these number it's an FSB hole for me I can't get my overclock stable......ALWAYS keep an eye on the temp....

The pain of overclocking is after each voltage change you have to test for stability......thats what is time consuming.....

I have spent weeks getting to where I am. Biggest leap in performance was when I got a proper PSU ::), and I could start all over again.

But the GTLVREF´s are all on auto, as my sources have proposed them to be so. What values do you use for you oc?

And knowing that you can overvolt to such a degree is good to know, and I´ll have a go at it later this year. It´s 25-30 degr. C these days (77-86 F). So, even though I have solid coooler I´ll wait for the weather to cool down.

Bjorn

Can you find a new one?

Conchi

My Q9650 will run at 4.20GHz at 1.455 v core (still in the green zone) you can't expect your CPU to overclock at 4.2GHz on 1.344 v core, you will also have to play with the FSB voltage.......mine is running at 4.32GHz at over 1.5 v.....for over a year now without skipping a beat.....no degradation or else......but everything as far as voltage like the GTLVREF Lane are well adjusted and that take time...

Conchi, 1.344 is nothing as far as voltage for overclocking a Q9650....now if you are scare about pushing your CPU above 1.344v that I can undersdtand BUT to say you can get it over 3.67GHz......give it to me and I'll have it at 4.05GHz in the same afternoon with all voltage in the green zone.....with all temp. in check IF you have a good CPU heatsink....

Overclocking is NOT for everybody....like I always said (in a good way) "if you can't afford to replace it don't overclock it" and I'm talking about extreme overclocking here like mine at over 4.3GHz......

The bottom line here is this, overclocking is not just about raising the v core voltage, it's like fine tuning a race car...everything has to work together in harmony....

i would love to give you my cpu so you could push it higher than i was able to. However, when i look at my cpu temp. they are at idle 44/37/43/39 with a Zalman  CNPS 9700 LED at different RPMs depending on outside temp. (summer it's around 25-27 and winter around 17 in my room). 

when playing FSX at it's max my temp. always touch the 70 degrees celsius at that's the point where i start to feel uncomfortable.

as i've said, i am quite curious how you would handle that  ??? i think i already touched my limits. I'm no expert and i only know the basics of overclocking but really, not every CPU is the same. i once had an AMD cpu which i was able to oc +870 where everyone said 400 is around max as temps. at that time were a big issue (athlons get very hot...)

Not the same board so the voltage on the lane will be different + all other adjusment but if you want to know my lane are at

0= + 25

1= + 45

2= + 25

3= + 45

Read this for starter......  http://www.anandtech.com/show/2500/1 that may help you getting 4.0GHz .....

Thanks, already read through the anandtech review, it´s absolutely great. Took a lot of advice from it. The GTLthingy is explained, but that doesn´t give me the tools to come up with any values. I´ll probabably have a crack at your settings, perhaps I´ll run the values by the asustek forum, there´s some good resources for my board.

Conchulio. I had the same cooler, it would get pretty noisy to keep the cpu cool. I recently switched to Scythe Mugen 2, a couple of degrees cooler, but rpm only 750, so it´s very quiet and efficient. I´ll probably add another fan for a push pull config. for further effeciency at low rpm. I did a small review on this forum recently. You should look it up.

Bjorn

Conchulio  you may need a better CPU cooler cause my temps are about 60C at 4.2GHz under full load.....

I understand no CPU will overclock the same BUT I have not see a Q9650 who can't hit 4.GHz yet when everything is well adjusted, the Q8659 IMHO is the easiest CPU to overclock...easyer than the QX9650.....I had a QX6850 and I could not pass 3.89GHz.... but they were all like that..... these were 65nm, the Q9650 is a 45nm....

What is your multiplier at?

Bjorn, you can adjust the voltage on each lane only when you are not stable at high overclock, what I mean is this....let say you overclock your CPU at 4.05GHz and you have enough core voltage to boot up to window.......so you'r in window but when using OCCT you are not stable so after maybe 10 or 20 minutes running OCCT it stop and you get this message "error on core #3" or 2. 1 or core 0.......now you can adjust the voltage on the lane like this

Error on core 0 or 1 ....you have to increase voltage on lane 0 and 2 at the same time (smallest increase possible)

Error on core 2 or 3.....you have to increase voltage on lane 1 and 3 at the same time (smallest increase possible)

You start OCCT again and do the same thing again, if this does not work you may have to increase the core voltage again and restart the OCCT process again after resetting the lane to default......time consuming trust me, I've spend over one week (12 to 16 hours a day) to get my CPU at 4.32GHz

First you have to find the highest overclock you can get just by raising the FSB and the v core voltage, when you can't no longer find a stable overclock you can adjust the lane......you will be surprise to see how low the core voltage will be if the lane are well adjusted...

This is just my own explaination there is more involve here to have a stable rig, you overclock your rig at your own risk........good luck

Ah, finally an explaination for the core # errors. Going the slightest above 3.96 will give a core error after a 45 secs. So, it´s either stable or very unstable. But so far I´ve not been higher than 1.34V on the cpu. I´ll see where it takes me on higher vcore. Thanks! You´re a guru!  ;)

Btw, if jumping the FSB-hole to 4.05, what voltage would you recommend?

Found a GTL calculator, it´s the zip-file at the bottom of the post. You think it´s ok?! http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202292

Bjorn

Not the same board so the voltage on the lane will be different + all other adjusment but if you want to know my lane are at

0= + 25

1= + 45

2= + 25

3= + 45

Read this for starter......  http://www.anandtech.com/show/2500/1 that may help you getting 4.0GHz .....

Thanks, already read through the anandtech review, it´s absolutely great. Took a lot of advice from it. The GTLthingy is explained, but that doesn´t give me the tools to come up with any values. I´ll probabably have a crack at your settings, perhaps I´ll run the values by the asustek forum, there´s some good resources for my board.

Conchulio. I had the same cooler, it would get pretty noisy to keep the cpu cool. I recently switched to Scythe Mugen 2, a couple of degrees cooler, but rpm only 750, so it´s very quiet and efficient. I´ll probably add another fan for a push pull config. for further effeciency at low rpm. I did a small review on this forum recently. You should look it up.

Bjorn

Hey Bjorn,

could you give me the link of your review of the cpu fans?

True, my cooler gets very noisey when i push it to high rpms. It cool's alright but you know... noise is really an issue here, at least when pulling it to the max.

@Alainneedle1:

these are my specs concering CPU:

Multiplier: 9.0

CPU Clock: 3514 (downclocked it a bit for stability)

System Clock: 390

FSB:1560.1

corevoltage: 1.344

Ah, finally an explaination for the core # errors. Going the slightest above 3.96 will give a core error after a 45 secs. So, it´s either stable or very unstable. But so far I´ve not been higher than 1.34V on the cpu. I´ll see where it takes me on higher vcore. Thanks! You´re a guru!  ;)

Found a GTL calculator, it´s the zip-file at the bottom of the post. You think it´s ok?! http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202292

Bjorn

Thank you but I'm no Guru......Bjorn and Conchulio

There is no one fit all voltage for 4.05GHz, what you have to do is to raise the FSB and see if you can boot up to window, so let say you raise your FSB at 4.05GHz and you can't boot up in to window....raise the v core voltage a little and see if you can boot up in to window, do this until you can, after you are in window start OCCT and go from there....always keep an eye on the temp, use speed fan to monitor your temp unless you have something better...  http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Read this here, it's not your board but it's almost the same.... 

http://www.evga.com/forumsarchive/tm.asp?m=499530&mpage=1&key=%F1%B9%BD%8A

I can't see why you willnot be able to reach 4.05GHz + with a GOOD CPU cooler.

Good luck.

even if this won´t help

I am running a Q9650 @ 4,05 GHz with 1,344V on an Asus Maximus II Formula without problems

and it was no problem at all to get there but as it was allready said, not all CPUs are the same but 4GHz should work

even if this won´t help

I am running a Q9650 @ 4,05 GHz with 1,344V on an Asus Maximus II Formula without problems

and it was no problem at all to get there but as it was allready said, not all CPUs are the same but 4GHz should work

Conchulio. Don´t remember if I´ve already asked, but do you have a good power supply (also did a presentation of mine recently  ;)http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=24032.0 ? That almost-no-name-brand PSU had me bogged down in fruitless overclocking endeavours for some time. They don´t supply enough voltage when needed.

And yes, that´s one big block of a cooler, looks like it has been cooling a Moto Guzzi cylinder  :D. But it should fit nicely along your NB cooler if you orient the long axis horizontally. Just don´t have any high risers on your ram as the fan most probably will cover the first and second ram slot. But it will draw air across the ram, and that´s not too bad. Edit: SpeedFan shows 553 rpm at idle  8)

My previous MSI board, the P45 Diamond had a plug in the board power socket in the upper left corner. I thought it was meant to be that way, and I never got anywhere with that board. So, make sure you have 8 and not only 6 pins in that socket. I know now I should have maxed the power supply, and had a better PSU.

By the way. What is the exact make of your ram. Is it the XMS DDR3 1333? I had those overclocked to 1600 at stock voltage, no hick-ups!

B

Conchulio. Don´t remember if I´ve already asked, but do you have a good power supply (also did a presentation of mine recently  ;)http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=24032.0 ? That almost-no-name-brand PSU had me bogged down in fruitless overclocking endeavours for some time. They don´t supply enough voltage when needed.

And yes, that´s one big block of a cooler, looks like it has been cooling a Moto Guzzi cylinder  :D. But it should fit nicely along your NB cooler if you orient the long axis horizontally. Just don´t have any high risers on your ram as the fan most probably will cover the first and second ram slot. But it will draw air across the ram, and that´s not too bad. Edit: SpeedFan shows 553 rpm at idle  8)

My previous MSI board, the P45 Diamond had a plug in the board power socket in the upper left corner. I thought it was meant to be that way, and I never got anywhere with that board. So, make sure you have 8 and not only 6 pins in that socket. I know now I should have maxed the power supply, and had a better PSU.

By the way. What is the exact make of your ram. Is it the XMS DDR3 1333? I had those overclocked to 1600 at stock voltage, no hick-ups!

B

K, not the ram I had, sry.

With regards to PSU, it´s not a question of enough Watts. It´s the ability to keep stable voltage. Like a loudspeaker, it may have a million Watts and play louder than anything in the world. But it´s the quality of the components and hence the sound of the loudspeaker that matters. Is your BeQuiet the dark power one?!

With regards to PSU, it´s not a question of enough Watts. It´s the ability to keep stable voltage. Like a loudspeaker, it may have a million Watts and play louder than anything in the world. But it´s the quality of the components and hence the sound of the loudspeaker that matters. Is your BeQuiet the dark power one?!

yes, it's from the Dark Power series.

Bjorn

There is no one fit all voltage for 4.05GHz, what you have to do is to raise the FSB and see if you can boot up to window, so let say you raise your FSB at 4.05GHz and you can't boot up in to window....raise the v core voltage a little and see if you can boot up in to window, do this until you can, after you are in window start OCCT and go from there....always keep an eye on the temp, use speed fan to monitor your temp unless you have something better...  http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Good luck.

I´m at 4.05 now as you mentioned, going with 1.375 vcore. I can run OCCT for 30 min.s, but instead of core-errors I get BSODs. During OCCT I get occasional black-outs, and a message that gpu driver has been reconnected or something like that. Temp.s are...well...ok, core #0 is mostly around 72 degr. C, had a heat spike of 75, but as such, I´m not worried.

Why do you think I get BSOD and not a core error message? It´s not over-volted, is it?

What voltage do you use for 4.05GHz?

Bjorn

Bjorn

Good luck.

I´m at 4.05 now as you mentioned, going with 1.375 vcore. I can run OCCT for 30 min.s, but instead of core-errors I get BSODs. During OCCT I get occasional black-outs, and a message that gpu driver has been reconnected or something like that. Temp.s are...well...ok, core #0 is mostly around 72 degr. C, had a heat spike of 75, but as such, I´m not worried.

Why do you think I get BSOD and not a core error message? It´s not over-volted, is it?

What voltage do you use for 4.05GHz?

Bjorn

I don't remember what was the voltage I had for 4.05GHz but you are well inside the green zone, you get BSODs because the core voltage is not high enough but you are close since you can run OCCT for 30 minutes, you may raise the core voltage one step higher, after you have raise the core voltage you will have to start with the lane from the beginning.

If you run in to more problems let me know.

Kepp an eye on the temp, average temp not just one core......good luck

Great, thanks for the advice, I´ll clock on 8). Forgot to mention core #0 had the highest temps of all four, so I am watching ´em all 8). And I just added a fan to the rear case exhaust fan, it fits so close to the cooler that it´s virtually push-pull direct exhaust  ;) (see pic.s in SpiritFlyers thread on rig-pic.s). I´ll look at it tomorrow and see what it´ll do to the temp.s.

Thanks for your support! Now, I´ve studied up on the GTL REF setting, and found some specifics for my board. But, it´s still unclear to my how you determine whether to go for a negative or positive value. In your case it´s been increasing the voltage. But, most examples I´ve seen for my board have been negative values. Any clues?!

Bjorn

Great, thanks for the advice, I´ll clock on 8). Forgot to mention core #0 had the highest temps of all four, so I am watching ´em all 8). And I just added a fan to the rear case exhaust fan, it fits so close to the cooler that it´s virtually push-pull direct exhaust  ;) (see pic.s in SpiritFlyers thread on rig-pic.s). I´ll look at it tomorrow and see what it´ll do to the temp.s.

Thanks for your support! Now, I´ve studied up on the GTL REF setting, and found some specifics for my board. But, it´s still unclear to my how you determine whether to go for a negative or positive value. In your case it´s been increasing the voltage. But, most examples I´ve seen for my board have been negative values. Any clues?!

Bjorn

That may be the solution for your board, my board don't do negative only +....you have to be patient when overclocking, a good thing to do will be to ask for some advise on your board's forums from peoples using a Q9650 and rams, they may have some specific voltage they can share with you.

I´m very excited. For now, purely on overvoltage, I´ve reached 4.05GHz! Hottest temp.s 72, 67, 69, 70. No errors, so for now GTLs are on auto.

Now, on to 4.2 8) !

Thanks heaps!

B

BTW. One of my resources at asustek forums has not had the need to manually change GTL REFs, and the other thread at xtremesystems seems not to notice my posts...yet. We´ll see, it was only yesterday I posted there.

I´m very excited. For now, purely on overvoltage, I´ve reached 4.05GHz! Hottest temp.s 72, 67, 69, 70. No errors, so for now GTLs are on auto.

Now, on to 4.2 8) !

Thanks heaps!

B

BTW. One of my resources at asustek forums has not had the need to manually change GTL REFs, and the other thread at xtremesystems seems not to notice my posts...yet. We´ll see, it was only yesterday I posted there.

You absolutly can overclock your CPU using core voltage only BUT you will need more core voltage to do so, the well adjusted lane will let you use less core voltage and increase the stability of your rig....so what did I tell you about been able to overclock a Q9650 at 4.05GHz in a snap..... ;D

4.20GHz is also very possible........KEEP you eyes on the temp.....raising voltage will raise the temp a lot from 4.05GHz to 4.20GHz

Now, on to 4.2 8) !

Thanks heaps!

B

You absolutly can overclock your CPU using core voltage only BUT you will need more core voltage to do so, the well adjusted lane will let you use less core voltage and increase the stability of your rig....so what did I tell you about been able to overclock a Q9650 at 4.05GHz in a snap..... ;D

4.20GHz is also very possible........KEEP you eyes on the temp.....raising voltage will raise the temp a lot from 4.05GHz to 4.20GHz

You got me there  8)

Seems at 1.46875 I´m still only capable of half a boot, the windows symbol on black gathers and then it hangs there for a minute then reboots. I think I´ll go back to 1.45 and try all GTL settings and move my way up from there. How does that sound?

Now, on to 4.2 8) !

Thanks heaps!

B

You got me there  8)

Seems at 1.46875 I´m still only capable of half a boot, the windows symbol on black gathers and then it hangs there for a minute then reboots. I think I´ll go back to 1.45 and try all GTL settings and move my way up from there. How does that sound?

Overclocking is not only a matter of CPU core voltage and lane voltage, at higher overclock you'll need to adjust the SPP/NB, MCP/SB, MCP<>SPP, you may have to raise the FSB voltage a little to cause the Q9650 (FSB voltage sould not go over 1.4v NEVER cause you'll fry your CPU) will need a little more FSB voltage over 1600QDR....ask again on the mobo forums for help..... to get to 4.05GHz on the Q9650 is fairly easy but over that a lot more adjustment is involve. It took me like a week to be at 4.32GHz (stable)......

Since I'm not with you to see what's going on any advise I would give you would be a shot in the dark since I am not using the same mobo.......the best advise I can give you is to research the web about overclocking on your mobo with the same CPU and read read read.......keep trying and keep your eyes on the temp.......good luck.  :)

I seem to be straying far from other peoples bios settings for a 4.2GHz oc on this board, especially on the vcore, and very few tamper with the GTL REFs. So, I´m pretty much on my own.

Now, I tried to settle on a vcore 1.4625 and then set negative GTLs from there, and I´ve come as far as getting the opening account screen, though when choosing my admin account it freezes just as I try to enter pw. Gonna try and circle around those settings. Though still in the green zone of the BIOS I´m not too keen on going much higher on the vcore. But I´m soon ready to fry this chip to get there  >:(::)

I seem to be straying far from other peoples bios settings for a 4.2GHz oc on this board, especially on the vcore, and very few tamper with the GTL REFs. So, I´m pretty much on my own.

Now, I tried to settle on a vcore 1.4625 and then set negative GTLs from there, and I´ve come as far as getting the opening account screen, though when choosing my admin account it freezes just as I try to enter pw. Gonna try and circle around those settings. Though still in the green zone of the BIOS I´m not too keen on going much higher on the vcore. But I´m soon ready to fry this chip to get there  >:(::)

Green zone is OK, the temp is what you want to make sure will stay under control.

When I was overclocking and I had freeze I had to had more voltage to the SPP/NB (on my board) this is related to the ram.

FSB voltage is not the same as Core voltage, you can raise the core voltage in the green zone but do not raise the FSB voltage over 1.4v....... you will need more FSB voltage at 4.2GHz than default voltage....stay under 1.4v

Got ya. My FSB voltage is normally 1.32, tried it up to 1.36 with no change in behaviour. My board is not supposed to have any benefit beyond 1.36.

As for temp.s I have no way of telling what temp.s I got until I make it to desktop. Could it be getting too hot already on the verge of booting? I got all fans pulling max.

I went to 1.5 vcore btw, and typed my pw, got welcome message, then freeze  ::) Juuuust so close to a complete boot, but I sense I still have a long way to go. And crossing 1.5 V gets me in the yellows, and I have no idea how hot my processor is at that moment.

Raising NB is not good for this board, will cause instability, so l´ll stay in the 1.50´s range. I´ll try and search some more for experiences at 4.2GHz on my board, see if I can dig up something.

Archived