Thought id try one of these.

Iain Emms

Well ive got one of these arriving in the morning thought i would give it a go by all accounts its a very good little fan and cools very well.

Posted Image

Antec's Spot Cool is specifically designed to mount on any motherboard to provide cooling wherever you need it most. Simply mount it on a motherboard mounting hole, angle the fan as you desire and power it from a motherboard fan connector. The 3-speed switch lets you balance quiet performance with maximum cooling. Get active cooling for your RAM, or expansion cards, or wherever your system needs it, and you'll see even better performance.- Mount virtually anywhere inside a case- Cools RAM & expansion cards- Blue LED illumination- Air Flow: 22.2CFM / 18.2CFM / 15.3CFM- Speed: 3000RPM / 2500RPM / 2000RPM- Acoustical Noise: 32.7dBA / 26.6dBA / 23.2dBA.

Ive also got another Black Apachie fan coming to add to the one on my Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B CPU Cooler so i can have a push and pull affair.

cheers

Iain

Cooling is one thing, but bear in mind that most hi-tech cases are designed to accomodate a certain amount of fans (suck and blow) so as to keep a balance.

I believe it's a matter of keeping the dust out as well as cooling. If you think about it, it makes sense, as dust is the killer of most fans,

Frank

I thought i would give this a go and for around twelve English pounds i think it might be worth a punt, And Heiko that is where i will be using the fan to cool around that area as i dont have a side fan in my case i will let you know how i get on later i dont expect great things from this but as i say its worth a shot.

cheers

Iain

When you go for a new PC case - the most important fan is the one on the side panel, blowing onto the Northbridge and RAM area  ;)

Alternatively apply a fan directly to the NB, preferably in the same direction of the general air flow (in most cases going front to back (see my avatar))  ;)

Bjorn

Well then chaps it has arrived and just fitted both the Apachie to the cooler so now its a push and pull and also the spotcooler blowing onto the RAM and the Northbridge area the cpu temp has dropped a little but the spotcool is a bit noisy on the high setting will have a look in the morning and see what i can do with this.

cheers

Iain

Archived