help with computer specs

Hello,

What are some good computer specs so that I can run FSX over detailed sceneries with detailed aircraft and still have awesome frame rates? I do not want to be over ORBX scenery and have my frame rates drop to 15 like now.    Would something like an Intel i7 930 with a ASUS P6T Deluxe and 6GB DDR3 memory, 750 or 850 power supply and a 64 bit operating system? I like windows XP.  All help would be appreciated.    Thanks 

Greetings nhraracer90,

Yes to all your questions, but I would suggest that Windows 7-64 is the better operating system for FSX. There are other good equipment combinations as well, but I can only personally state about this one, which more or less matches what you just described.

Yes you are on the right track there but as Stephen says go for windows7 64 if you can it will help your expierence along and dont forget a very good cooler as well both me and Stephen use a Prolimatech Megahalems rev b Performance CPU Cooler and i find it very good also worth a look at the King a Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator CPU Cooler.

cheers

Iain

And definitely a PSU that is not too cheap. I just got the Corsair HX750W, it also comes in 850. I've got a very stable OC after I installed a quality PSU.

Scythe Mugen 2 cooler is cheap, efficient and one of the quietest I've found reviews on.

Good luck!

Bjorn

Archived