CPU usage

kutak

Hello,

Does anybody else have much higher CPU usage after Volanta 1.9 update? It was not even noticeble before, now it takes about 6-7% of CPU.

Thanks

Tomas K.

• 1 month later...

I cant compare to any update or values specifically but i just made a post in the discord.

For me Volanta has becaome more or less unusable since a while, especially in the pmdg 777. It causes 1/3 of the fps being lost and introduces heavy stutters, making the plane super hard to control when landing.

I just copy paste the discord post now.

------------------------------

Not that i have the most modern rig (rtx 2080TI, i9900k, 32gb ram, games runs on NVME, 2k, locked to 30 fps that i get everywhere in the world) but something is off with certain planes when having Volanta running when landing.

This took me a dozen of hours to finally found out its Volanta. Made topics in all kind of Forums, especially pmdg because this happens for me mostly in the 777.

The issue is that on many airports, most of em infact, Volanta is causing massive stuttering, from around 500 feet down to landing. If everything is recored it seems to revert back to normal, usually around leaving the runway.

With massive stuttering is that for me its more or less unusable in the 777. It goes below 20 fps with massive lag.

On other airports like RJBB it never seems to revert back to normal and the lags remain also while taxing.
Then there are airports where it happens even on departure, or simply taxing. As soon the plane gets in motion.

Another thing ive seen is that, if one is setting Volanta away from core 0 early in flight, it can help (but not make it disappear fully). But if the lag is there not even quitting Volanta causes improvment.
Seems there is some form of building up on the issue. 

I dont like the word memory leak, probably not what is happening here but there is something going on that interrupts the mainthread over time, maybe simconnect or something.

I have over 4000k hours on Volanta, many of them on MSFS and many of them on the same PC, this wasnt always the case. But then we dont have any of the planes for long...hard to say.

What i can say though is: if i never open Volanta on the exact same flights, the issue wont be there on those and i can land butter smoth with my 30 locked fps.

Edited by Senchay