GPU usage low on GTX285

TenBlade

When flying over the heaviest airport I got, YSTW, EVGA Precision states GPU usage of no more than 24% and memory usage of little more than 720 MB. Temp. is fine about 40 degr. Frames are low when looking at the airport facilities, but that´s to be expected I presume.

Is that limitation due to the processor not feeding the GPU to it´s fullest capacity?  Also, when I´m in the Free Flight menu I get 16 FPS no matter how high I set FPS in setup. Is that just supposed to be like that?

Using Highmemfix and BP=0. Using the following values, set arbitraryly, inspired by other ppls. settings, set my Core clock to 700, Shader Clock 1580, Memory Clock 1320

Bjorn

After a driver roll-back to 195.62 memory usage is in the 900s and I gained 5 FPS! GPU usage still low, but I noticed that, when flying away from  YSTW CPU usage increases to 40+%?!

Flew the OZx Rockhampton/Emu Park/Keppell mission, not frame intensive at all, that showed about 95% GPU usage and almost full memory usage.

Can someone explain to me what I´m supposed to make of it? Is that just normal behaviour, or is there room for tweaking?

Archived