Freeware Download Problems

I have attempted to download FS BOB 1.1 and Orbx Libraries 100630 on several occasions recently but have failed each time.

I have previously downloaded various Freeware Airfields and previous versions of the Library without problem. Also I still seem to be able to download from any site other than Orbx quite successfully.

When I try to download an Orbx file on my W7 x64 machine it completes the download but I then get a message that says “Folder Access Denied – You need permission from LANDMARK/User to make changes to this folderâ€. The zip file does not show in my Downloads folder. If I type the file name in the search it shows in the listing but each time if I look in Properties it tells me that there are problems with the Shortcut. I am the Administrator and long ago disabled UAC. There is no virus message displayed on this computer.

When I try to download via my XP SP3 machine it completes the download but I then get a message from my CA Anti Virus that I have “Win32/Adware.ClickTeam! generic Malwareâ€. I am then instructed to restart the computer.

Both computers use CA Anti Virus.

The only change to my setup since previously downloading from Orbx is that in conjunction with a friend I recently set up a network between the two computers and so far as I am aware there is no problem with this network.

I am hoping to soon purchase PNW but I am worried that I will not be able to download the SP2 and I would also like BOB and the new library file.

Could anyone please suggest how I might overcome this download problem?

Your first problem has got to do with your User Access Control it sounds like, the second problem is CA ... it is showing you a false positive :( Your third problem, let me just see what I can do.. standby

Thanks Jay Kae.

Tried the two alternate downloads. Same result - no luck.

UAC is definitely turned off.

While the W7 computer never showed any virus warning I have since checked in the Quarantine section in the CA Anti Virus program and the Win32/Adware.ClickTeam! shows up there. So it would seem that thisWin32/Adware.ClickTeam! is incorporated in these two files. The CA site does not show any detail on Win32/Adware.ClickTeam!. Someone else trying to download from FTX has the same problem and asks the question on their forum about this but no answer is provided.

I suppose that disabling my CA Anti Virus while I downloaded these two files could be an option if I could be sure that Win32/Adware.ClickTeam! isn't a problem.

Do you have any thoughts on this as a possible solution.

No, the files are clean unfortunately CA and similar companies are pretty rubbish with their libraries ... It's what we call false positives ... The other thread on this issue is the same story really ... Files 100% safe .... Guaranteed

Hi Jay Kae

Have successfully downloaded both files using XP Mode within W7 which I use with AVG Anti Virus Free Edition.

Tried copying to W7 but both failed. Then put CA Anti Virus into Snooze mode and successfully copied over both files and installed them.

I have always excluded FSX from being scanned by CA Anti Virus so don’t expect any further problem although it looks like if I wish to keep the actual downloads I need to keep them in  XP Mode rather than W7.

Thanks for your help.

Archived