New Corsair PSU

TenBlade

At last, hopefully the answer to some of my OC troubles, the Corsair HX750W PSU arrived. I´ve just OCCT´d it, and it´s rock steady! And oh...the silence! Combined with my Scythe cooler I´ve really got a quiet machine now.

So, if you´re at a loss over pc performance, try to OCCT stress test your PSU and see what it comes up with. I could see my old psu lying somewhat below demanded voltages, especially on the 5V.

Now, I don´t want to disappoint you, SpiritFlyer, so here are some pic.s  ;D

Very secure in a full foam cast, it was also put in a black velour bag!

Posted Image

All the pieces laid out, the cables came in a separate velcro closed bag, nice... And they plug in easily, but fit securely.

Posted Image

Nice lay-out of what´s inside. Nothing flashy about it, and there´s no unnecessary lighting in the PSU.

Posted Image

Patient prep.d for heart transplant 8) You only attach the cables necessary, neat! (In real heart surgery that´s another matter, btw  ::) ) It supports two GPU´s.

Posted Image

Operation successfull ;) I lifted the main power cable up in an arch so not to interrupt airflow from front fan to cooler. The secondary power cable is still too short for a truly neat finish. The lower of the two white strips is not holding cables, but is hooked to the corner of the GPU tri-fan, it´s quite heavy and makes the board bend a little, just in case you´re wondering.

Posted Image

So, if you´re on the verge of acquiring a new PSU, I can recommend this one, not cheap, but about the same price range compared to other high range PSUs of that wattage. When you throw all kinds of expensive stuff in the box, why skip on a very, as it turned out, decisive component?! Would´ve switched  a long time ago if I´d known you couldn´t completely trust a cheaper PSU to go the distance.

I can´t wait to start overclocking all over again, and I expect to see some improvements overall on performance. I´ll keep you posted.

Bjorn

Sharp looking rig man, happy to know this new psu is working to your liking......by the way what's up with the dirty magazines on the table.......LOL

Thanks, but I find the interior slightly cramped. One has to coordinate removal and installation of GPU in precise movements. I saw your rig seemed to have more room for GPU. As for the magz...the wife´s fashion stuff  ::) (remember, I checked "Fammily Safe" when uploading the pics!  ;)

Bjorn

I probably should have read this a few hours ago.

I blew a thermaltake 750wattPSU in my other productivity PC the other day and had to replace it. I picked up a coolermaster 750watt PSU this morning and so far it's not doing the job.

I went the coolermaster over replacing with a thermaltake again (bad move) because of price and now I find out that it isn't modular (like the thermaltake and your Corsair there) so I've got extra cables to deal with.

Very little documentation and the PCI-E cables for my GTX295 just don't look right.

I'm back to the drawing board and about to ring the distributors and see if they have some solutions. What a pain in the arse, as I've already cabled it up and done all of my cable ties.

Will know better next time and won't scrimp for the sake of a few bucks,

Frank

Thanks a lot, Stephen. Really practical with modular psu. Less mess. 

And my gpu (is 285 actually) is my pride and joy. My first big modification. I was pretty nervous actually, stripping the stock cooler off my pricy hardware and improvising quite a bit, since the heatsinks provided didn't suffice. As soon as my cpu OC is done I'll clock on the gpu again. And OC is progressing little by little. 8) 

Frank. I hope your psu delivers  :)

I´ve succeeded in further overclock after I switched psu. I´m now so close to 4 GHz which was my goal, I´m at 3.96GHz, and may be at the limits of my processor. The Q9650 don´t all clock equally well. And it also benefits my FSX performance overall.  8)

Bjorn

Archived