FSX Shutedown error

JoeW

After installing the patch I now get an error after I close FSX. The error is in a box with the heading of: FSX.exe Application Error and in the box is:

The Instruction at "0x200c7489" Referenced memory at " 0x0562dc98". The memory could not be "Read". Click on OK to Terminate the program.

This pops up every time I close FSX now. It did not happen before the patch.  What did I do wrong?

Matt ... this appears to have "cured" this problem. I have started FSX about 4 times since I applied the remedy and the error has not repeated.

Thanks

Joe w

• 2 weeks later...

This "application error" is actually a Windows problem that has been around since at least WinXP and Windows Server 2003.  I've only ever experienced it myself in those two o/s because I've never used Vista (and never will) and I'm only now in the process of building my Win7 PC.  As such, the problem comes and goes, seemingly at random, though the only time I've had it occur repeatedly was when shutting down Windows rather than an application within Windows.  Since it wasn't essentially repeatable, we were never able to diagnose the cause, and the only good news is that it never seemed to have any effect anywhere else - only when shutting down,

hope that helps,

Ro

It occurs on mine at shut-down of FSX. I am running Windows XP with the current upgrade. FSX also has the current upgrade as well as PNW. This only occurs in the area near Concrete or Israel's. I'm currently flying down from the outer reaches of PNW .... CYJQ ........ and I am not getting it.

Archived