[ANSWERED] Traffic at 3W5?

6297j

I have my Autogen Density set at Dense and Trafic set at 16% as recommended in the manual and I'm not seeing any traffic at Concrete at all - no parked aircraft, no touch and go loops  - nada. Where could everyone be?

Thank you

Sorry for the mistake, the 16% value is not valid for 3W5. We should change this part... Set your GA traffic to 30%, 40%, 50%, ect to see their numbers raise. I created those 'steps' to prevent too much AI for medium range PCs (for example that you have maximum AI at 20% already). On my system i can run 100% without any problems.

Please let me know how it goes.

Guest J van E

Sorry for the mistake, the 16% value is not valid for 3W5. We should change this part... Set your GA traffic to 30%, 40%, 50%, ect to see their numbers raise. I created those 'steps' to prevent too much AI for medium range PCs (for example that you have maximum AI at 20% already). On my system i can run 100% without any problems.

Just a thought: wouldn't it be better (more logical) to use the same numbers for all Orbx releases...? I did notice AI taking off once but the airport itself looks rather empty indeed. Setting AI higher probably works, but then I'd probably get more AI on other airports...? Seems logical to me to make things like this the same for every release... If your stepping solution works fine r even better, maybe it should be used for the other airports too. When various airports need various settings, things can get complicated and messy. ;)

I already raised it to get to 16%  :-\  I wouldn't really want to go to 30, 40 or 50% - that's probably too much for me. Not to worry. It would have been nice to see a few more static aircraft though, even if they stay grounded. At the moment it feels like everyone in Concrete has the flu! 

I'll try setting it higher and see what happens  ;)

I already raised it to get to 16%  :-\  I wouldn't really want to go to 30, 40 or 50% - that's probably too much for me.

Well, that's exactly the problem. If i would give 100% AI when you have set 10% you might get in trouble. This way you can adjust pretty well what is possible with your PC.

Regarding the 16%, i have to check again why this value is used in the manual - might have to do with 3rd party traffic addons which generate a huge amount of GA traffic...

Heiko, i'm pretty sure he sets his traffic at 16% because that's what most of the Orbx manuals recommend.  That's why mine is set at 16%.  Traffic is the biggest hit to FPS that I know of.  Both ground and air.  So it's always a balance between desirable AI traffic and frame rates.  It would be best, I think, if there was a consistent way of dealing with traffic across products.  It's cumbersome to enter settings to change the traffic density each time I want to fly different airport sceneries.

Indeed, it should be consistent. The problem is, if somebody uses a traffic addon (like f.e. MTX) or not. Those traffic programs create a big amount of GA movement. 10% to 20% is probably a realistic value for appearance and performance. But... if you don't use those addons, you really have to crank it up to see GA.

Please give us a few to discuss this part of the manual internal. Thanks for your patients  :)

I should add then that I do use Ultimate Traffic 2 and have altered the settings there and in FSX to provide the best balance and levels of GA traffic for my system. Globally speaking I'm very happy with the amount of traffic I get but I'm aware I may well have to change things if I want to see more in the PNW area. I thought a good starting point would be to follow the suggestions as laid out in the manual and then tweak from there.

Archived