TrackIR5 u/s in FSX

Felks

Hi All

My TrackIR5 stopped working in FSX.  I have not loaded any other head tracking software that I know of, that may have stopped TrackIR5 talking to FSX.  It works in FS9 ok.  I believe it may be a Simconnect problem ?

I see over at the NaturalPoint forum they have used earlier drivers to fix but it did not work for me.

They also reinstalled FSX in some instances to fix but I am not keen to do that at this stage as otherwise FSX is running very well and I would rather leave it as is.

I was hoping someone has had luck with diagnosing simconnect or using other software that does not rely on Simconnect.

Any suggestions welcome.

Glenn

I'm having all sorts of problems with TrackIR 5. It worked fine for the first month after purchase,  but now it locks up at embarassing moments. The centre key no longer works and the on/off key does nothing.

I was just starting to like it too. :'(

I don't know where you've got it installed but I've read that there can be problems if it's installed in C:\Program Files (x86).  I had a problem with the exclusive profile function not working and re-installing it in C:\Prgram Files fixed that for me.

Graham

Unplug it and plug it back in , I had issues for some reason the driver's are sketchy and this started with the last driver install I am considering reverting to the previous driver as a result.

You don't have to run as administrator but claim ownership of both the FSX and Track IR root  directories, and turn the F%$#$ UAC OFF M$ has screwed up power user's by trying to protect the OS from lesser users and as a result this is frustrating to those that know what they are doing.

Start all over if you still have problems.

Unplug and install driver.download the latest from their site.

Instal latest driver and then plug the trackir back in .

Always instal driver first before connecting trackir ;D

Otherwise it wont work.

Archived