New 480

realatp

I got it! You know I didn't see a difference in performance though, coming from a GTX 260. I unistalled the drivers, installed Drive Sweep, got rid of all the old stuff and restarted my computer 1000 times and then installed the new drivers from Nvida and everything went good, is there something I'm missing? I still only get 12 FPS approaching YBBN at night in the JS41 with my autogen and traffic very very low. I think I'm missing soemthing?

Try deleting your fsx.cfg and it will build a new one the next time you load FSX.

Mike

Hey thanks for the help, I did that and nothing came of it. Kinda bummed, I bought this thing for $500 and had to sell so much stuff to get it lol.

I didn't really read much that said it had much improved FPS.

What I have read is that you can get similar FPS and zero stutter compared to 2nd generation cards even with sliders bumped to the right.

Also, it's reported to work better with BP=0 without artifacting but I have not heard enough support to factually back up this claim.  If it really does allow BP=0 with no side effects, it's worth it for that alone I would think.

Archived