True Earth Florida Crashes

RC2020

Hello all,

I will apologize in advance if this has already been addressed, but a brief search of the forum came up short on the issue I am having, so if this is a repeat, again, my apologies.

I have been having consistent issues with True Earth Florida crashing either on descent along the coast inbound to KFLL or KMIA, or taking off from those 2 airports.  I mention those airports because along with TrueEarth Florida, I am running LVFR KMIA and LVFR KFLL along the coastline.

I am not having this issue with True Earth Washington, Oregon, NoCal and SoCal, and there is also LVFR, FlightBeam, ImaginSim, Orbx, and FlyTampa within those Photo-real areas.

I am also not having an issue with TrueEarth Netherlands or the 3 UK TrueEarths, which run Orbx as well as other vendor airports within them.

This is appears unique to True Earth Florida, specifically the east coast (no crashes when I fly into KTPA, nor any when I fly into KEYW, which, unlike KTPA, is payware)

I have this issue primary when flying PMDG aircraft (but again no issues with same aircraft in all other True Earth areas with 3rd Party Airports), as my A2A GA aircraft seem to do OK.

I will add I am also running the new Volanta and ActiveSky P3D.

I have made tweaks to BGL file endings for KMIA and KFLL on the assumption that maybe P3D is loading the full payware airports plus remnants of the original airport from P3D (I had to do this for KSFO, KLAX and KLAS payware airports in TrueEarth sceneries with success to fix overlapping airport issues), but that has not addressed this issue.

I guess I am scratching my head asking:  Is this a P3D issue?  Hardware?  Aircraft?  Scenery?  I'm targeting Orbx due to this seeming to specific to TrueEarth Florida, but I I need to look elsewhere, that's fine, I am just looking for some insight as to what may be happening.

My P3Dv5 Settings are as follows:

- Traffic

-- Aviation Traffic:  All Zero

-- Land and Sea Traffic:  All Low

- Display

-- FXAA:  OFF

-- AA: None

-- Texture Filtering:  Anisotropic 2x

-- Texture Resolution:  Medium 1024x1024

-- VSync:  On; Triple Buffering:  Checked

-- Target Frame Rate:  Unlimited

- World

-- Where options are LOW, MEDUIM, or HIGH:  All Medium

-- Where options contain NORMAL:  All Normal

-- Mesh Resolution:  38m

-- Texture Resolution:  1m

-- Water Detail:  Low

-- Cloud Draw Distance:  90 Mi

-- Cloud Coverage Density:  Maximum

- Lighting:

-- HDR:  Unchecked

-- Dynamic Reflections:  Low

-- Dynamic Lighting:  Checked

-- Landing Lights Illuminate Ground:  Checked

-- Display Lens Flare:  Checked

-- Shadow Quality / Shadow Draw Distance:  Both Medium

System Info

- Operating System: Windows 10, Fully patched

- Anti-Virus:  Yes, but exceptions in place to prohibit active scan of FlightSim folders while in use

- RAM:  80GB, total physical:  63.9 GB

- Processor:  Intel i5-8400, 2.80GhZ

- Video Card:  NVIDIA GForce GTX 1060, 6GB (I understand P3D recommends 8GB, but their minimum is 4GB, and so far no other crashing issues with my setting mentioned above other than TrueEarth Florida)

- Video Card Driver:  461.72

- DirectX:  12

Thank you all, and if you need further clarification on anything above or have additional questions that may help me help you to help me, please don't hesitate to ask.

Rich C.

Arlington, VA, US

Archived