Home Built CDU

VOZzer

From the looks of your pics, I'd say it's an overlay for an existing lcd screen, but are the buttons just for show?

Give us some more info. All the same, you're a clever one for doing that.

Frank

Okay guys, sorry for the lack of information.

I had to send to Opencockpits one back because the LCD screen used TV-OUT, which my Graphics Card doesn't support.

About the home built one:

- The Buttons are NOT for show - They are 100% realistic working buttons

- The CDU has no native screen. It has a 5" enclosed hole which slots neatly over a 15" monitor.

- All I have left to do is wire it up. I simply wire the CDU as per this diagram I made:

Posted Image

After wiring, the wire ends are connected to the Opencockpits USBKeys Card (http://www.opencockpits.com/catalog/usbkeys-card-p-53.html?cPath=21_35). This neat little card receives my electronic inputs (via the push buttons on the CDU) and converts them for use with a PC. They are then, through the use of Opencockpits' freeware scripting program "SIOC" transferred to FSX for use with the Level-D 767 only.

Any more questions please feel free to ask!

My FlightDeck Soultions CDU also uses TV Out and it is a NTSC screen but my card is configured to drive it and it works very good. I thought all cards had a TV out.

However you didn't need to send it back you can get an adapter for DVi to SVGA only about $15. www.aviationmegastore.com sells them as do many others.

so it would have been about an extra $60 maybe for the convertor

VGA to VIDEO converter. Recommended for use with FMC / CDU directly to the graphics card.

Features

-supports composite VIDEO, S-VIDEO, RGB outputs

-powered by USB port

-pure hardware design (plug & play), no software required, compatible with any operating system

-24-bit, true colours digitizer

-adjustable brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, sharpness and OSD background colour

-simultaneous display on VGA monitor and TV

-contains:

1 x RCA video cable (1.2m)

1 x USB power cable (1.2m)

1 x VGA cable (1m)

Specifications

-independent horizontal and vertical size adjustment

-programmable 2D scaling

-switchable NTSC, NTSC-EIAJ (for Japan), PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N, PAL-combination-N and SECAM system

-resolution: up to 1024 x 768

-RGB output (supports interlace format)

-dimensions: 100 x 60 x 27mm

If you're referring to this product: http://www.aviationmegastore.com/vga-to-video-tv-converter-5410329390716-opencockpits-5410329390716-cockpit-building/product/?shopid=LM4b7ac27973923646e7d7fe0b49&action=prodinfo&parent_id=0&art=92227

It definitely does not work with my card. I converted the DVI signal to VGA first, then to an RCA signal for the CDU. The computer would have none of it, so it was sent back. Converting the DVI to RCA is near impossible with my Card, since it has absolutely no native S-Video/RCA Support.

If you're referring to this product: http://www.aviationmegastore.com/vga-to-video-tv-converter-5410329390716-opencockpits-5410329390716-cockpit-building/product/?shopid=LM4b7ac27973923646e7d7fe0b49&action=prodinfo&parent_id=0&art=92227

It definitely does not work with my card. I converted the DVI signal to VGA first, then to an RCA signal for the CDU. The computer would have none of it, so it was sent back. Converting the DVI to RCA is near impossible with my Card, since it has absolutely no native S-Video/RCA Support.

Sorry to hear that. That is strange though because my GTX260 does. oh well never mind your being very creative anyway. what are you going to use for the CDU software? How are you going to interface it?

Archived