Baffled Again, but Only by Trees

After uninstalling all third-party scenery and repairing P3Dv5.1 (no hotfix), I reinstalled Orbx Global Base, LC Europe, Vector and Trees through Central. No other third-party scenery is installed. My settings are 2048/2048, Autogen Vegetation Very Dense, Dynamic Vegetation unchecked. All are installed into a separate folder, all appear and are checked in Addons (along with Orbx Libraries, Object Flow and SODE). Insertion Point has been left at default, since I don't have any non-Orbx scenery installed at this point. At least the Europe LC and Vector seem to be fine (no reason to think Global Base isn't working, but trying to fix trees now) I seem to be missing trees, though. They're not nice trees, have a lot of bright spring green trees scattered about all the time and no seasonal variation.

FWIW, there's this: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Orbx\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\OF_Config.xml  -- that's all.

Here's this, if it makes a difference:

Scenery_Top.jpg

Scenery_Bottom.jpg

I think I've fixed this. I hesitate to say how, because it may not make any sense, but now both of the options in the install tool say "Top of Scenery Library." Anyway, you can tell a big difference between your Trees and the default ones. Everything else seems to be working fine now. Sometimes just blundering around in ignorance works. Yep. That's my airline's motto!

Archived