Problem with Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Hi There,

Hoping Someone can assist.

I purchased the throttle quadrant from saitek. Calibrated the controller through windows calibration,  however when in FSX,  even though the throttle leavers are at 0% throttle,  the throttle leavers in FSX are 29%.

Been trying to fix this all morning,  anyone has any ideas?

Flying a 737-800 is too difficult with this issue  ;D

Cheers

I got a fix for the Saitek Throttle and yoke setup that I use frequently, especially when I find my aircraft veering off the runway.

Here it is:

"To recalibrate, first unplug the yoke.

Go to start/run and type regedit.

The registry editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (CURRENT_USER if on VISTA)

System

CurrentControlSet

Control

Media Properties

Private Properties

Direct Input

Inside the Direct Input folder, delete any folder that begins VID_06A3.

Once done, close the editor. Plug the yoke back in and move all the axes (including throttle) through their full range of movement 4 times.

Now go to control panel/game controllers/properties to see if everything is ok on the test screen.

If the problem persists then test the device on another PC. If the problem still occurs then it is most likely a hardware fault."

In Win 7 it's slightly different in the registry. There is no "Direct Input" floder. In Win 7 it's got a "Joystick" folder and then a "OEM" folder in that before you find the "VID_06A3..." files.

I deleted all mine, plugged it back in, ran the yoke through 4 cycles and when I opened the devices calibration panel in Win 7, it was all fixed.

Frank

Archived