Question about MCP's

tennyson

Is there anybody here who knows about MCP's?

I'm currently looking at the GoFlight MCP Pro or the CPFlight MCPPro?

Has anybody got these or can offer any real expert opinions on them.

The CPFlight one is a lot more expensive than the GoFlight Module and I just wanna know if the extra outlay is worth it?

Thank you for any help,

Frank

hello yes I use GF MCP Pro. It is very good and works well with what I use and that's Project Magenta Software but also works well as default. Personaly I will be upgrading oneday to the CPflight MCP Pro. If your building a proper 737 cockpit whether large or small if you want the look go with CPflight or have a look at opencockpits they have some good ones too but if you just want the functions and don't care about the look go with go flight. I have lots of go flight modules as my main cost at this stage was my display software.

One thing is that with all of them you wont be able to fully use LNAV and VNAV without CDU software and Display software that allows you to do all this. If you live near the Gold Coast you are more then welcome to come over and check out my setup.

Colin

I am using the CPFlight FCU in my Airbus full size flight simulator, and I have to say that this piece of gear is absolute top quality. It maybe more expensive, but the old saying of .....you only get what you pay for..... is absolutely true. Can't get better.

Hope this helps.....................Brian W.

Posted Image

hey Frank

I have the go-flight mcp pro as well. Great piece of gear. Also have the efis from goflight these 2 modules go hand in hand.

You can use the goflight mcp pro with the pmdg but u need to purchase drivers for it from xlabs i think it is.

Works out of the box on the level d 767

I was also looking at the cp flight one but I thought to myself why spend the extra$$$ if your not building a simulator.

Go flight have great products for the hobby simmer

Cheers ;D

I am using the CPFlight FCU in my Airbus full size flight simulator, and I have to say that this piece of gear is absolute top quality. It maybe more expensive, but the old saying of .....you only get what you pay for..... is absolutely true. Can't get better.

Hope this helps.....................Brian W.

Posted Image

Man that's awesome we live close together I think I will have to come have a sticky at your sim if I can! :)

Thank u for those answers guys.

I really like the CP Flight one, but I'll save the extra grand and buy the GoFlight one instead.

Got the ball rolling to buy one already through Adrian at the Flight Sim Shop. Just got to sell my VRInsight MCP first to any interested buyer....hint, hint.

Frank

Archived